Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jake6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2014, 07:54 AM
    "Gurgling" sound in upstairs bathroom sink drains after water is shut off.
    After using upstairs bathroom sinks and water is turned off can hear gurgling sound
    In drains. Home is a two story colonial built in 1970. What can I do to eliminate that sound? Thanks.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2014, 09:56 AM
    Common sound from hair clogs in sinks. Get a Zip-it and try to clean out at the sink. You will be surprised the amount of hair, typically in the woman's side.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water in sink or shower of upstairs bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a problem with the hot water in my upstairs bathroom. I have tankless hot water.I have the burner cleaned every year There is hot water in the shower for only a minute then it is lukewarm. The same is true in the sink. Hot water downstairs is fine. I have had a plumber here twice and...

Why does my downstairs bathroom sink get water in it when I use my upstairs bathroom [ 4 Answers ]

The sink in my downstairs bathroom backs up with water whenever I flush my upstairs bathroom toilet or run the water in its sink. The back up water is dirty and has debri in it. I tried clearing the drain in the downstairs sink from any hair or what have you and I tried some sort of liquid...

Washer drains and water comes up in the bathroom sink. [ 4 Answers ]

Our washer is in the kitchen and when it drains, it fills the bathroom sink before it goes into the main drain. We have always had this problem. I'm about to buy a new laundry center that has a front load washer that uses less water and may output the water at a slower rate. How can I fix this...

Downstairs drains gurgling, suds come up from upstairs [ 5 Answers ]

Is my roof vent clogged? The downstairs drains in the kitchen and bathroom sinks gurgle and suds come up in them from the upstairs sinks when they are drained. Also the downstairs toilet makes a big bubble when flushed, and needs flushing twice. Advice, please.

Sputtering water in upstairs bathroom sink [ 3 Answers ]

Every now and then my upstairs sink, bathtub and toilet will sputter when the water flows. Cold or hot, doesn't matter. It acts as if I had turned off the main and opened a valve and allowed air in the system, which of course I haven't. I've looked everywhere for leaks, but even if there was a...

View more questions Search