Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2014, 05:30 AM
    Money Order
    A $20.00 Western Union money order was purchased and sent for a death certificate. It was not found and the money order was returned to the
    Purchaser. But Western Union requires a $15.00 fee to get a refund for the
    $20.00 money order. Does that make sense??
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2014, 06:25 AM
    They are entitled to make their money... it would have been $15 no matter if it was $20 or $2,000 Its part of the contract you entered into. You could have sent a personal check, postal money order or a number of other oiptions if you didn't agree to it.

Sorry but they can't be expected to get nothing out of it for the work they did. The issue was no fault of theirs.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 13, 2014, 06:31 AM
    Regardless of WU's bloated policy, go around with the MO and see if someone will take it just by crossing out the name of who it's made out to. No reason for that not to work; it's basically cash. I'll bet any small store will take it, or any store period.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 14, 2014, 05:29 AM
    Most money orders are for larger amounts. Many times for smaller ones it is just not worth the time and trouble
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2014, 05:53 AM
    I tried to deposit it anyway at the credit union.Possibly they may send it back.

Meanwhile WU told me to send the money order back, and they would waive the fee

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to fill out a Walmart Money Order? [ 2 Answers ]

This is my first time, buying a money order from Walmart Store because I always buy the money order from the post offices. I know how to do the first step pay to the order of, but the second and third step is confusing. I don't know what do when it say purchasher signer for the drawer really mean?...

Lost money order. [ 1 Answers ]

What should I do I paid my rent with two money orders & one was lost by rental office but I have a receipt from office saying I paid & my receipt from my money orders .now they want me to trace money orders when it was their negligence

Money order [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a way to check online if a money order has been processed for payment? I bought it at the Post Office but I can't find anything on their website.

Tracing a money order [ 1 Answers ]

When tracing a money order will it let you know if a company cashed it and who signed the money order? The reason I ask this is because I sent a money order to my cable company and they said it never been received. But I traced the money order and it been cashed.

Money order [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I cash a money order written out to me. I don't have a bank account

View more questions Search