Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sagnik2422 Posts: 77, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2014, 01:10 PM
    Accounting Amortization Schedule Question
    Hi, I completed the entire amortization schedule but I think I went wrong somewhere because the last column I decreased in the increase in balance column. I rounded but even still it should increase I think.

Question :
    When Patey Pontoons issued 6.50% bonds on January 1, 2011, with a face amount of $560,000, the market yield for bonds of similar risk and maturity was 7.50%. The bonds mature December 31, 2014 (4 years). Interest is paid semiannually on June 30 and December 31.

Required : [FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial Unicode MS][COLOR=#000000]Prepare an amortization schedule that determines interest at the effective rate each period[/COLOR][/FONT]
    For the last column I got 18,200 as cash payment, 20,773 as effective interest, 2573 as increase in balance and 560,000 as outstanding balance. For the prior column I got 18,200 as cash payment, 20,805.8 as effective interest, 2605.79 as increase in balance and 557,427 as outstanding balance

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting (Amortization Question) [ 0 Answers ]

Please help me I am not able to solve this problem. I need to do it today. Shoes R US bought a new shoe making machine on Jan 1. It cost $500. The owners figure they can use it for 5 years after which it will be worth nothing (ie no residual value). The show machine has a CCA rate of 10%. ...

Is an amortization schedule necessary [ 0 Answers ]

Hi Just wanted to find out if its necessary for one to create an amortization schedule if the interest on the loan is accrued daily.

Ask an accounting question schedule E? [ 0 Answers ]

Can I amortize repairs to my Houston, Texas rental home? I spent $23,500 for window repair as a result of Hurricane Ike. Rather than take all that expense in one year, can I amortize it over, say over 5 years? If so, where on the schedule E is there a place to amortize repairs to rental homes?

Accounting Amortization Method Question [ 1 Answers ]

On March 1, 2009, five-year bonds are sold for $508,026 that have a face value of $500,000 n an interest rate of 10%. Interest is paid semi-annually on March 1 and September 1. Using the straight-line amortization method, prepare the borrower's journal entries on - March 1, 2009 - September 1,...

Accounting Amortization Method Question [ 0 Answers ]

On March 1, 2009, five-year bonds are sold for $508,026 that have a face value of $500,000 n an interest rate of 10%. Interest is paid semi-annually on March 1 and September 1. Using the straight-line amortization method, prepare the borrower's journal entries on - March 1, 2009 - September 1,...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search