Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tessy777 Posts: 191, Reputation: 37
    -

Apr 2, 2007, 10:20 AM
    Probation conditions
    I was just put on intervention in lieu of conviction for prescription fraud. In my conditions for probation (or intervention) there is nothing about consuming alcohol. While I am not a big drinker, my husband and I were out eating and he was going to order a glass of wine for me, but I was afraid I couldn't have alcohol so I didn't. But after reading my terms and conditions, there was absolutely nothing listed about buying or consuming alcohol. Can I still have a glass of wine now and again?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2007, 10:58 AM
    Hello Tessy:

If not drinking were a condition of your supervision, it would be written and you would have signed it. Given that it isn't, cheers!

excon
    -

Apr 3, 2007, 02:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tessy777
    I was just put on intervention in lieu of conviction for prescription fraud. In my conditions for probation (or intervention) there is nothing about consuming alcohol. While I am not a big drinker, my husband and I were out eating and he was going to order a glass of wine for me, but I was afraid I couldn't have alcohol so I didn't. But after reading my terms and conditions, there was absolutely nothing listed about buying or consuming alcohol. Can I still have a glass of wine now and again?
    I found out that when they do a random drug test on me, the also test for ethanol. I didn't drink alcohol so I am not worried about testing positive. I am wondering why in my conditions for supervision, it didn't state not to consume alcohol if they were testing me for ethanol. If I would have a drink and should test positive for ethanol could they violate me if it were not in the terms that I signed?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 3, 2007, 02:50 PM
    When in doubt, talk to the person doing your supervision
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2007, 03:36 PM
    Hello again, Tessy:

Alcohol turns into sugar in a couple hours so random drug testing won't show anything. Just make sure you don't drink on the day you report. I don't know about this ethanol stuff.

The Padre is right, though. Best to ask your PO.

excon
    -

Apr 3, 2007, 04:15 PM
    Thanks for your help. I know asking is the best thing to do, I just didn't want to hear the answer NO! But you guys are right, I should bite the bullet and ask.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get off probation [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 28 years old and I got a dwi when I was 25. I also left the scene of an accident (fender bender- taken care of). So I went to court and got sentenced 2 years probation (private) and 3 weeks of jail. Thought I got off easy until I was about to leave jail and they re-booked me for my leaving...

On probation [ 7 Answers ]

OK I've been placed on probation as of February 1st,2006 until Feb 1st,2009.I'm scheduled for a personal meeting with my student coordinator to set up classes and what not.the problem is it's out of state,I haven't spoken with anyone including my probation officer since January 18th.should I try to...

How could I put 2 conditions with COUNT IF Function and NESTED IF in Excel model [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am a new member, I hope you could help me to complete my assignment tonight, I am stock with "Count IF" function in Microsoft Excel 2003 How could I write the function with this commands: Count if the Tax which is (E15) not equal to 0, then I want to use a nested if with these...

Probation [ 2 Answers ]

I was told by a friend that if you have a health problem. Then you can get off probation early. Is that true? What kind of health problems would you have to have?

Probation [ 4 Answers ]

My husband is on probation for a misdemeanor violation (possession of marijuana). He has paid all fines, but has 24 hours of comminuty service to do. He has not done the community service yet because the county tells him when and where he can do community service. They have conveniently chosen a...

View more questions Search