Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Greatslctk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 10:19 AM
    TSM Group/ is this the real deal
    Has anyone heard of this company. They got my resume off Career Builder. This is what I received. They have not ask me for my account number yet.
    TSM Group

TRIAL PERIOD

This outline specifies:

PURPOSE

- The considerations surrounding an employee's trial period.

- The supervisor's responsibility to provide guidance and assess employees' performance and conduct during the period.

- The criteria for termination of probationary or trial employees.

- The reporting procedures: Trial Period Report

The trial period is the final, most policy significant step in the hiring process for new employees. It is the policy of the company to use the trial period as an opportunity to train new employees in job responsibilities; observe on-the-job conduct and performance to determine suitability; retain employees whose performance and conduct is fully acceptable; separate, without undue formality, those employees whose performance or conduct is deficient after the trial period; document the Company's recommendation for retention or separation on the Trial Period Form.

Trial periods are periods during which employees' conduct and performance is evaluated. They serve as an opportunity for new employees to prove fitness for the job and for the Company to evaluate employees' suitability for the position.

It is the responsibility of supervisors to ensure that employees have every reasonable opportunity to achieve success on the job. Specifically, supervisors should:

A. Notify employees of the probationary/trial period requirements during the first week of employment.

B. Inform employees of job expectations in both performance and conduct. Employees must be provided performance standards, information on working policies and procedures, and guidelines on employee responsibilities and conduct. Performance standards should be discussed with employees to ensure that they understand the duties,
    Responsibilities, and expectations associated with the job.

C. Counsel and provide feedback concerning performance and conduct to employees on a regular basis. It is crucial that employees
    Know how and where they are or are not meeting expectations. If a performance or conduct problem becomes apparent, supervisors should provide training or assistance to remedy the situation, as appropriate.

D. Gather documentation throughout employees' trial periods reflecting both good and bad performance and conduct. Document offers of assistance, guidance, and training which show the supervisor provided the employee an opportunity to demonstrate acceptable performance.

TERMINATION

Generally, a request for action to terminate should be supported by
    Documentation making it clear that the employee received a "fair trial". The documentation should specifically and in detail state:

1. How the employee was made aware of the performance/conduct expectations in question;
    2. Guidance and training given to the employee;

3. Counseling given to the employee regarding specific conduct and/or performance deficiencies;

4. Opportunities for improvement given to the employee;

5. Details regarding the performance/conduct deficiencies.

REPORTING PROCEDURES
    Trial Period Report

I. General

Trial Period Form is used to document new employees' performance and conduct and the Company's recommendation for retention or separation. It is important to recognize that any separation action is not dependent upon the completion of the form Requests to separate employees may be made at any point in the trial period. The trial period will be for two months starting from the commencement date.

II. Responsibilities

A. The supervisor will, not earlier than the 5th week but no later than the 7th week of the trial period, complete the Trial Period Form (evaluation) and forward it to the reviewing official. Once the reviewing official has signed the form, the rating supervisor will:

1. If the report is satisfactory, discuss it with the employee and forward it to the appropriate custodian of the Employee Performance File (EPF).

2. If the report recommends separation of the employee, contact the Personnel Division, for further guidance.

3. Continue to observe the employee's performance and report any significant change which would affect the appraisal or the recommendation for retention or separation to Personnel Division before the end of the trial period.

B. The reviewing official will review the supervisor's evaluation and recommendation, make any additional comments, resolve any difference of opinion with the supervisor, sign the report, and return it to the rating supervisor.

C. The EPF custodian will file the original form and any supporting documents in the EPF. Also, the custodian will distribute the second copy of the form to the employee.

The Commencement Date:________________________________________

The employee, __________________________________ , acknowledged the Trial
    First and Last name of Employee

Period Outline and signed on the _____ day of ________, 2007.
    Employee's Signature date month

TSM Group

Detailed Job Description – Administrative/Sales Support

The primary goal of the administrative assistant / sales support representative is to provide local customer support to our clients within North America. This includes providing convenient payment options and informing them of shipping and the terms of sale.

You will be assisting our clients within North America, the assistance to be provided will include: payment collections and customer service via email.

Your duties will include:

- Collecting Local Payments

When a buyer in the US decides to purchase an item through an online auction from our sellers he has the following payment options: pay pal, international wire transfer, international check, local certified check or local wire transfer. The most quick option of these is local wire transferring. Local wire transfers and certified checks are the options that the sales support representative will provide to the clients.

- Managing Data

Along with the payments received from buyers you will be receiving details for these sales. These details will include items sold, price, and buyer's information. You are to file and maintain these purchasing records and transactions.

- Forwarding of the Payments

Once you receive each payment you will be keeping 5% as commission and forwarding the rest to the seller or representative, whose information will be provided prior each transaction. It is crucial to complete forwarding of the payments in a time efficient manner.

- Correspondence

You will be submitting brief reports, weekly reports, and monthly reports. Weekly and monthly reports are to be done in Excel format and are to summarize all transactions completed within the week, or month.

Here is an example of a brief report:
    Date: August 8, '06
    Buyer: Laura N. Smith
    Item: Movado Watch
    Price: $ 1,921.27
    Commission 5%: $ 96
    Fees: $ 75
    Total Forwarded: $1750.27
    Forwarded to: Elisa Narenzo, Copenhagen, Denmark
    Reference Numbers: 23497839

- Fees, and Transferring Procedures

All fees are covered by the company. The fees for transferring are simply deducted from the payments received. No client will contact you during initial stage of the trial period. After three weeks of the trial period you will begin to have contact with the buyers via email in regards to collection of the payments. For the first three weeks you will simply receive all of the transferring details, and payments, along with step by step guidance from your supervisor. You will be forwarding the received payments through western union, money gram transferring agents, or by wire transferring.

Additional Information

Salary

During the trial period, you will be paid 1,200USD per month while working on average 3hours per day, Monday-Friday, plus 5% commission from every payment received and forwarded. The salary will be sent in the form of wire transfer directly to your account. After the trial period your base pay salary will go up to 1,700USD per month, plus 5% commission.

Taxes

You will receive a monthly invoice stating your total income. All applicable taxes are covered by the company.

Personal Information
    First Name:
    Last Name:
    Address:
    Residential Phone Number: Mobile:________
    Commencement Date:

The employee, acknowledged the Detailed Job Description
    Name and Last Name of Employee

And signed on this day of ___________, 2007.
    Employee's Signature date month
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 2, 2007, 10:41 AM
    Are you required to pay them any money? If so its definitely a scam. If they ask for any personal info like bank account so they can transfer money, its also a scam.
    Greatslctk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 10:47 AM
    So far the information you take your money from the payments you receive and they have not ask me for my bank account number at this point. But I haven't signed the agreemetn yet either. The agreement doesn't have a place for my account number , it says a supervisor will be working with me during the trail period.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 2, 2007, 10:57 AM
    And what are you supposed to do for them? Did you do a WEB search on them?
    carolh Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Apr 7, 2007, 12:38 PM
    I can tell you that is the biggest scam ever. What they want you to do is deposit their "money order, moneygram, western union, or whatever" but you can best be assured that it is fake and once you deposit it and taken your money out and then forwarded to them your check for the balance, by the time your bank tells you whatever you deposited is fake, they have made off with your money.

If you need it explained simpler, let me know.
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 7, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatslctk
    So far the information you take your money from the payments you receive and they have not ask me for my bank account number at this point. But I haven't signed the agreemetn yet either. The agreement doesn't have a place for my account number , it says a supervisor will be working with me during the trail period.
    I think this might be the point where they get you -- " wire transfer directly to your account."

That's telling me they will be asking for your bank account # if my scanning the contract did not miss anything -- Savage
    wags Posts: 80, Reputation: 4

Apr 13, 2007, 05:31 PM
    Why would they need you ? They could do this from anywhere in the world. RUN don't WALK from this. It has scam written all over it..
    grafkdzn Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

May 6, 2007, 01:05 AM
    I received this same email supposedly due to my resume posting on careerbuilder.com. When I received it, I thought it was a little fishy, so I googled the company to see what I could find. After reading the postings on this page, I forwarded the email to CareerBuilder's management team so they could investigate the company. Upon receiving CareerBuilder's response, I found out that the offer from TSM Group is not a legitimate offer. I pasted my email inquiry to careerbuilder.com as well as their response below. The blue text is my email to CareerBuilder and the red text is their response.
    Here's my email to CareerBuilder.com:

I received an email from TSM Group <Email removed>. It says they found
    my resume on CareerBuilder.com and they want to hire me to work from home. I think it sounds fishy, so I wanted to forward it to you so you guys can investigate it. I don't want anyone to get ripped off. Following are the contents of the email they sent to me.

"We have reviewed your resume on CareerBuilder and would like to consider you for the position of administrative assistant/sales support within TSM. TSM Group, with its headquarters in Geneva, is the Swiss watch industry's active trade association. We are a private, professional association, representing Swiss watch manufacturers, offering
    traditional auctions of Swiss timepieces, and providing get in business solutions for the
    individuals and organizations who are interested in developing and promoting the Swiss watch industry. We are now seeking administrative/sales support assistants to work at the convenience of their home, part-time. In the attachments you will find the agreement with a detailed job description. If you are interested in this trial period, which will last for two months, during which you will receive training, salary, and commission, please see the attached agreement. Upon successful completion of the trial period you may receive a contract and continue working with TSM, change from part-time to full-time or continue working part-time.

Please read carefully the trial period agreement, complete, sign, and forward back to us either via email to *EMAIL REMOVED* or by fax: + 41-22-594-8438 (Geneva, Switzerland). For the commencement date, select any date that is convenient for you during the month of May. If you have any questions please email
    *EMAIL REMOVED*

Thank You,
    TSM Group"

Please let me know if this is a scam.

Sincerely,
    - - - - - - -
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Following is CareerBuilder's response to my inquiry. Their response was very long with all the links they provided me, so I removed some of the unnecessary links from the response below.

Response:
    Dear - - - - - - - ,

We apologize, but the email that you received was not sent through the CareerBuilder website. We can verify that the offer contained within is fraudulent and no further contact should be initiated with this company at this time. Unfortunately this fraudulent company has chosen to use the CareerBuilder name and email formatting to add legitimacy to their scam.

If you are concerned about your privacy on CareerBuilder.com, you may want to review our website Terms and Conditions, Privacy Policy, and our Fighting Online Fraud page by clicking on the links below, in order to familiarize yourself with steps you can take to protect your personal information when using our products and services.

Fighting Online Fraud
    Search jobs online with confidence with CareerBuilder.com. We're committed to your privacy

We are available on the web at Ask a Question, if you have any additional questions or comments.

Site Integrity and Compliance Team
    CareerBuilder.com | Experience Better
    www.ic3.gov | FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

Learn how to better protect yourself online! Learn about common scams and how to avoid becoming a victim on CareerBuilder's Fighting Online Fraud page!

Try our new automated online assistant! Available 24hrs a day, 7 days a week! To Ask Careerbuilder, click here: Colloquis Agent

Sincerely,

Site Integrity III
    Customer Service Representative
    CareerBuilder.com | A Better Job Awaits!
    866.438.1485 | Customer Service

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

I hope you found this information helpful!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 6, 2007, 08:49 AM
    Yes this is a scam, it works one of two ways, one is they send you fake checks which you deposit and when you forward the money to them, soon the check bouces and you owe the bank back a lot of money.

The other is of course where they launder money, you get wire transfers in and then send checks back, this cleans the money.
    scoobydid Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 10:40 AM
    My experience was this: I followed everything through, yes they got my account number. I received a phone call followed by an email stating I would be receiving a deposit. Checked my account online to find a deposit of over $4,000 had been made via PayPal, which I of course indicated I DID NOT WANT to accept according to TSN's own statement that sometimes there were problems with Paypal. To make a long story short, after Googling Tsm Group (which I should have done in the first place), and presenting all correspondence to the local authorities, I decided to contact my bank and had them reverse the transaction (deposit from Paypal), and flag same as fraudulent. I did not touch the funds in any manner, and I would advise anyone else in this situation to also inform your local police department to make them aware of what scumbags these people are for cruising job boards and taking advantage of people legitimately looking for work. The police advised "not to touch this thing with a 10 foot pole", and I subsequently closed the account (with the bank well aware of the situation). Now, I have to say, I haven't heard or read of anyone that's actually been burned or charged as of yet, but it's likely just too early in this scam for that to have happened yet, as sometimes it could take a month or two or even longer to have things start unravelling (in this case, it would roll uphill), until everything "officially" clears, as even though a financial institution states funds are available usually after a few days, the actual money order may not get back to its originating source to actually clear for a month or more. In my case, Paypal was used, and undoubtedly the funds used to effect the transfer were likely illegally gained somehow. My advice: Turn, run, and don't look back. Hope this helps provoke some thought and keeps everyone out of trouble. Let's shut these turkeys down, hopefully no one's been hurt by this yet. Peace all.
    edrox Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

May 20, 2007, 02:19 PM
    I got a similar email, so I did some research. If you got taken in, then this is good stuff

First off, the originating email came from Brussels. Which is odd enough for a company in Switzerland, but OK. The original IP address is 212.68.250.236 which I get a hit in Brussles for

However, the other address that I got in the email said to contact TSMtrainings.com. That domain is registered as follows:

Robert Rubin ([email protected])
    +44.084223225
    Fax: +.
    Porchester Square
    London, UK6GV
    GB

Administrative Contact:

+44.084223225
    Porchester Square
    London, UK6GV
    GB

Technical Contact:

+44.084223225
    Porchester Square
    London, UK6GV
    GB

So - if anyone wants to contact Mr. Rubin about his scam, that's how you get ahold of him. I think I will send an email for grins - will let you know what happens!

May 20, 2007, 02:38 PM
    UPDATE

Dang email bounced. But I did forward all the details we have to the Westminster police. I will let you know if I get a response

May 20, 2007, 03:35 PM
    Guess that got no where too

Dear Sir
    Thank you for your e-mail, unfortunately you will have to report
    This incident to your local police and they will make further
    Enquiries on your behalf

e-mail office
    New Scotland Yard
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 20, 2007, 04:22 PM
    And we wonder why scammers are getting by with all of this, they operate out of several nations, the police do not work together on it, if they do anything at all.
    ANTHEA Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 04:16 PM
    +44.084223225
    Porchester Square
    London, UK6GV
    GB

By the way that postal code is incorrect for London's Porchester Square. Probably everything is fabricated the name / number etc: One would have thought that there would be a international fight scam org or that paypal would take better security meaures when acting as a courier for monies.

May 22, 2007, 05:40 PM
    Yeah - I wasn't going to continue the thread, but here is something else. I found that TSMtrainings is a subdomain of TSMcareers.com. THAT Is hosted on a server in Parsippany NJ.

So - I contacted the Parsippany police --- need I say that I was ignored? I basically got "not our problem" - even though I showed the traceroute and Whois lookup that proved this place is housed right in their back yard.

Great to have the gubment on our sides, huh?
    GSpot711 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2007, 05:20 AM
    Tsm Scam- Swiss Watch Distributer--------------------

What This Company Is Asking You To Do Is Embezzle Money For Them. Why Would A Company Ask For You To Except Money, Take 5%, Give Them The Rest? That Is Called A White Coller Crime And They Are Wanting You To Committ A Felony. If They Have Paypal, And Wire Transfer, Why Do They Need You? What's Wrong With Western Union? They Are Wanting You To Launder Money For Them.

Jun 1, 2007, 07:47 AM
    First off, its not embezzlement. Embezzlement is when you take money from an employer, company or fund that you are in charge of. YOU are not committing a crime, you are being taken for your hard earned cash. The person who gets involved in this isn't the one who would be arrested, should the governments actually start giving a damn about internet fraud

They scam is that they set you up "selling" their watches. They then put a bogus deposit in your account and say "Oh look, you made a sale! Keep your commission, and send us the rest". So you keep the percentage you have "earned" then send them the "cost" of the goods. Only later to find out that they withdrew the 'purchase' and left you holding the bag.

All this is, is the old Lottery Check scam, with a different twist. This time instead of winning the Luxembourg Lotto, you sold a watch.

No matter how you slice it, its bad news. And none of the law enforcement people want to get involved. Its no wonder these scams just keep on rolling...
    FHS Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2007, 12:16 AM
    Dear Sir,

We can assure you this email is a scam. As "real" Federation of the Swiss Watch Industry FH we receive since last November many enquiries about TSM.

We state this scam damages our reputation and we triy to close down the webiste ** web site deleted, FC], kind of "window site" builded up only to justify the scam.

Thank you

Federation of the swiss watch industry FH
    jennipants Posts: 4, Reputation: 5

Jun 12, 2007, 05:25 AM
    I work at a newspaper in Australia and I answer questions that are sent through our general 'reception' email address. That email address is on our website and I received the following email today addressed to no one, just sent through.

TSM is the Swiss watch industry's active trade association, currently
    seeking administrative assistants/sales support representatives within
    Australia and New Zealand to work from home, to contribute to the sales
    force and add convenience to our service dedicated to individuals,
    businesses, and organizations worldwide.

This position focuses on the management of daily, weekly and monthly
    tasks and special projects pertaining to the sales support for sales in
    Australia and New Zealand.

Primary duties include:
    - Assists the Sales Department in a support role performing special
    projects, data entry and other duties as assigned
    - Maintains tracking spreadsheet for purchases and payments
    - Provides general administrative support including drafting of
    correspondence, processing purchase orders and expense reports etc.
    - Emails correspondence daily

Hours: You can work full time or part time. Your schedule can be
    flexible.
    For part time - you will need to spend on average 3 hours per day,
    Monday-Friday.

Salary: Base pay for part time is $2,000, plus 5% commission from each
    successfully completed transaction with a client.

Location: This is a work at home position. All communication will be
    online. During training/trial period assistance may be provided by
    phone.

Requirements: You need to have a PC, Internet access, Excel, and
    motivation.

Costs and Fees: There are NO costs at any time for our employees. All
    fees related to this employment are covered by the company.

Further Hiring Process: Please send your resume to: XXXXXXXX
    In your email please state if you are
    interested in a part-time or a full-time position. After reviewing the
    submitted applications we respond to successful applicants only. We then
    offer the successful applicants a position within our company on a trial
    period for one month. During this trial period you will be receiving
    training and online support while working and being paid. At the
    completion of the trial period, the supervisor can recommend continued
    employment, extension of trial period, or termination. After the trial
    period your base pay will increase.

Send any questions and your resume to XXXXXXXXXX

Thank You,
    TSM Group

I guess they haven't been shut down yet and are recruiting by using email addresses they find on websites. If it sounds too good to be true - I guess it is. Plenty of people will be sucked in however.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Group - A & Group-T shares [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just want to know what are Group-A shares & Group-T shares and what we mean by that. On what basis this groupings are done

Tsm [ 16 Answers ]

I received an email from a Swiss watch company called TSM from Geneva, Switzerland. Does anybody know if this is a legitimate company? They've offered me an administrative support positiion to work from home. I appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

Real estate deal gone bad in Ontario Canada [ 7 Answers ]

I recently sold my home, or thought I did. Using a realtor, an offer was accepted and a waiver signed on last day of conditional sale. 3 weeks later the purchaser backed out, claiming he was pushed into the sale by his agent. My question is not regarding the purchaser, but the commission of the...

The Real Deal [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, I am thinking of going to get my BFA (fine arts) and want the real deal on grants, loans and if they really cover everything you need to attend college. Being an artist the supply cost is tremendous! Would loans and grants cover everything? Hypatia

What's the deal? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a very normal person from a menstrual standpoint. I never skip. I only did once and that's when I was pregnant with my 5 year old son. So you can imagine why I'd be confused as to why I'm 2 weeks late now. Yes, I took urine pregnancy tests and alos blood tests. Negative both ways. I'm...

View more questions Search