Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2014, 06:55 AM
    Personally... I would refuse to have anything more to do with her... but first make it clear to her that her attempt to cheat your husband... is an attempt to cheat you as well... And real friends don't stab their friends in the back... and leave it alone from there.

I've had this happen before... friend begged and pleaded for me to fix one of his exotic sports cars because he felt the local dealer was a cheat...

Thankfully I drew up a contract as to what was being done... exactly what he was paying for at that price... and any additional parts were extra.. and any other work would not be included...

Because a month later the claimed he paid me to do something unrelated and that I screwed it up and was going to sue me for return of ALL the money they paid. Never mind 3/4 of what they paid was for parts... (over $1,700 worth)

Cost me $450 to have a lawyer deal with their lawyer to show them the contract they had... and if they didn't three would be a counter suit. Didn't speak to them for years after that... then he was diagnosed with having alzheimers... which by that time was fairly well advanced. His wife appologized profusely at that point.

If people like that are "friends"... then who needs enenies.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Mar 4, 2014, 08:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknownuthin View Post
    Am I the only one trying to figure out why one needs a crane to change a lock?
    The crane was to gain entry to the apartment to open the door.

sadface, as I said before, you need to stay out of it. If she has an issue, she should take it up with the business owner. (Yes, I know that is your husband, but it needs to be put firmly on a professional footing.) This is between them.

On the personal side, I would stay away from her after explaining why the 'friendship' needs to take a break. I don't know why she is playing games and it does look like at this point she is. But I do know that you do not need the stress she is trying to cause.

I'd give up on expecting an apology. Letting it go is more for you than anything else. She won't change and beating your head against a wall only hurts you and may cause stress between you and your husband over time.

Be polite when around her as you would be to any stranger or client of your husband.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 4, 2014, 08:46 AM
    When a friend acts crazing and irrational, and cannot be reasoned with, leave them alone. Its may be difficult and sad, but necessary.
    sadface Posts: 154, Reputation: 2

Mar 6, 2014, 02:19 AM
    Thanks all. I replied politely back and told her - there is nothing to discuss, we have to agree to disagree , simple as that!

Im hurt she called my husband sneaky and ripped her off.. when in his genuine intention all he wanted to do was help.. but because he put a price on it she obviously didnt like it as she tried to say her neighbours were willing to help for free.. however her neighbors were just there for support and didnt do much in the 5 hrs they were stuck outside... while my husband did it all and saved the day in les sthen few hrs
    Some people ha!
    I did my own research by calling handymen asking them how much they would charge to fix a new lock like thieris and they all said 50 euro.. i told her this but she still denied it !!!! saying she asked herself and was told around 20 euros.. but its rubish.. she probaly just asked people not made actual cold calls to handymen

Have not heard back

Mar 6, 2014, 03:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Personally... I would refuse to have anything more to do with her... but first make it clear to her that her attempt to cheat your husband... is an attempt to cheat you as well... And real friends don't stab their friends in the back... and leave it alone from there.

I've had this happen before... friend begged and pleaded for me to fix one of his exotic sports cars because he felt the local dealer was a cheat...

Thankfully I drew up a contract as to what was being done... exactly what he was paying for at that price... and any additional parts were extra.. and any other work would not be included...

Because a month later the claimed he paid me to do something unrelated and that I screwed it up and was going to sue me for return of ALL the money they paid. Never mind 3/4 of what they paid was for parts... (over $1,700 worth)

Cost me $450 to have a lawyer deal with their lawyer to show them the contract they had... and if they didn't three would be a counter suit. Didn't speak to them for years after that... then he was diagnosed with having alzheimers... which by that time was fairly well advanced. His wife appologized profusely at that point.

If people like that are "friends"... then who needs enenies.
    Thanks for your input

Mar 6, 2014, 04:51 AM
    This has nothing to do with my issue here.. however it concerns the same 'friend' before we had this fall out she admitted to me.. her married friend.. that she has had 1 serious affair with a married man... and a few endeavors with married men too!! The wives of these men were not friends of hers, but to me as a married women I think its disgusting! The one had a serious affair with, my friend told me she met the wife on a few occasions and was friendly with her

Should this make me steer clear even more??
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2014, 05:48 AM
    What she did to your husband is all the reason you need all by itself... those other things only justifies the cold shoulder that much more, and demonstrates her true character.
    Expert

Mar 6, 2014, 05:55 AM
    She wasn't perfect when you met, she sure isn't now, neither are you, so leave her alone.

Mar 6, 2014, 07:37 AM
    No one is perfect Talaiman ;)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 6, 2014, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sadface View Post
    No one is perfect Talaiman ;)
    That is what he said, isn't it ?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 6, 2014, 04:16 PM
    Everyone makes mistakes. Stop trying to find more ammo against her so you can justify cutting her out of your life. You don't need to recall every conversation you ever had, or every little thing she ever did. Just cut the poison from your life, forget about it, and move on. Dwelling on it is not healthy.

Mar 27, 2014, 12:52 AM
    I am meeting her tomorrow
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 27, 2014, 03:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sadface View Post
    I am meeting her tomorrow
    Why?

May 2, 2014, 12:41 AM
    Well, I felt I should... and I did... it went OK... I spent a long afternoon with her and realised she moans about anything and everyone. She used the word ripped off loads in any topic we spoke about no in relation to my husband... then she told me she started her business and people said her food is expensive and her reply was - everyone has to make a living... seems like she is one minded tracked person to me!
    Expert

May 2, 2014, 07:18 AM
    So have you had enough of the BS yet or do you feel stretching it out further will help you?

May 2, 2014, 02:23 PM
    How am i stretching it out when i have only seen her that once since d incident
    Uber Member

May 2, 2014, 02:26 PM
    I didn't see sarcasm in Tals post... give it some thought... he made some very good points you need to think about.

EDIT...I see you reworded your post since I answered.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore dishwasher lights flashing: "Hi Temp" & "Heat Dry" [ 0 Answers ]

I've tried 3x now to run the dishwasher on Normal Wash mode, and it starts running correctly. When I come back to it later, however, the lights above Hi Temp & Heat Dry are blinking and the dishes are soaking wet. The keypad is still responsive and everything else seems to work. Does anyone know...

I did "Salt & Ice Challenge." My arm still itches & burns. I did it two days ago.. [ 2 Answers ]

Could anyway tell me why it still does. If and when is it going to stop. Doing this challenge was the stupiedest thing I have ever done so far.. I have a little red mark on my left arm & its red around my mark + I'm sort of getting a few little bumps like pimples but there not pimples, there from...

View more questions Search