Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ptodd007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 09:56 AM
    Beaming between pda's
    I have had an hewlett packard ipaq pocket PC for a couple of years and recently purchased a palm tx that is compatible with my laptop with vista operating system.

I am having trouble beaming all my information from the hp pda to the new palm tx. It looks like I have to beam one item at a time. Is there a way to beam complete categories of information, such as "contacts?"

Thank you for helping on this issue.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 2, 2007, 10:03 AM
    You would be better off syncing your contacts with Outlook then syncing them with the Palm. You should, however, be able to select multiple contacts to beam. Check the iPaq documentation on how to select multiple contacts.

Also iPaqs are compatible with Vista.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2007, 10:20 AM
    Scott is correct. I believe that the problem lies in the two different operating systems of the PDAs - Palm OS vs Windows Mobile. You'll need an intermediary to sync the data from the two devices.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan & PDA's universal remote [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I own a HP PDA (rx3115) and a hampton bay light/fan. The PDA comes with infrared, and one of the functions I use it for is a replacement for all of my remotes. Anyway, the device code for the fan isn't listed in the choises that the PDA comes with. I was wondering if it is possible to...

View more questions Search