Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Babykangaroo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2014, 05:10 PM
    Hot water supply or water pressure
    We use hot water cylinder to get our hot water supply. However, we won't be getting enough hot water for shower if someone using hot water in kitchen or another toilet. Is it due to water pressure problem? Or do we need another cylinder just for the kitchen.

I would like to be able to take a hot shower while someone is washing the dishes.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 11, 2014, 05:34 PM
    Is this a gas or electric water heater? Back to you, Tom
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 11, 2014, 07:31 PM
    Yes we need more info. Do you mean flushing a toilet will cause you to loose hot water in the shower, is that right?
    SpaParts Posts: 48, Reputation: 3

Feb 12, 2014, 11:24 AM
    Homes that have multiple bathrooms may want to consider very large cylinders or multiple hot water cylinders to supply these extra rooms, because bathroom actually places the largest demand on the hot water supply in a home.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 12, 2014, 11:34 AM
    If I read this right, you are having a problem with water VOLUME...not pressure. Here, it sounds like the pipe entering and/or leaving your hot water cylinder AND/OR THE MAIN WATER SUPPLY PIPE may be undersized and will not allow you to run more than one fixture at a time without losing VOLUME (makes the water look like it has less pressure, but it is actually lower volume). Something like this (undersized pipes) can only be resolved by increasing pipe size, not by increasing the cylinder size...;)

Do your neighbors have similar issues?

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low water pressure in hot water supply for 10 story building [ 0 Answers ]

I work in a 10 story building which has low water pressure in the hot water supply, there are only circulation pumps on the return side of this system. Now I know that the galvanized risers are probably pretty clogged with deposits. So my question is should there be pumps for the feed side too and...

No hot water pressure/hot water after turning main water off/on and draining water [ 5 Answers ]

I turned the main water off to our home to remove our water softener and ran the water in the kitchen and both bathrooms until no water came out. Now there is no hot water pressure or hot water at all sinks after turning the main water back on, but there is normal cold water and cold water...

Hot water coming from cold side tap even though hot water supply shut off [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I been having problem for past year now hot water comes from the cold side tap, I only have 1 tap that shares water hot and cold the other 2 I have are 2 separate hot cold and 2 are just cold taps now I have even shut the cold water supply to the hot water tank off, but yet when I run the...

Hot water drips from kitchen faucet even if hot water supply valve turned off [ 6 Answers ]

Have 2 handle kitchen faucet, cartridge stems. Hot water dripping from faucet even if hot water supply turned off. Volume of water dripping increasing over time. Changed o-ring, didn't help. Not sure if I need new hot water cartridge stem or hot water supply valve, or both.

View more questions Search