Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danwells6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2014, 09:23 AM
    Rheem RGDA-125A-GR blower motor not working
    I have messed with for days and when I get it on and switch the thermostat to on instead of auto it stays on fine but tends to blow out the pilot eventually. Then I have to turn it off and re light the pilot. And when it tries to turn on it clicks. If I take the front off and click the safety switch on the front a few times it usually comes back on. But it started a few days ago and when would happen there was a humming in the motor and no click I could hear anyway. Then there was a click in the relays where all the wires enter the furnace and safety switch connect to. Now the clicking is in the silver box that has a button that says pull for auto or push for manual fan. I initially thought it was the motor going out because it was making noise and vibrating. Then it stopped the next day and worked fine for a while now its doing this. The fan seems to be great when is running but not reliable and it is 0 or less degrees where I live and have two young children and unemployed so could use help. My dad is suppose to come help after work but he also thinks it's the motor and I don't want to replace that and it be a relay or safety switch or something and have to do more work. Any help would be appreciated. And I thank you in advance for any replies.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2014, 11:07 PM
    It sounds like a hole in the heat exchanger. You need to call a licensed service person to check it out. If the furnace is in warranty you can get a new heat exchanger. The warranty can be as long as 20 years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rheem RGDA - 075C - ER with standing pilot... [ 2 Answers ]

Rheem RGDA - 075C - ER with standing pilot... is there an alternative way to ignite? Having a difficult time to ignite, help..

Troubleshooting rheem blower motor [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Rheem air handler. The blower motor won't turn on right away. Massive humming sound. Through the service panel I can reach in with a stick and push it then it spins up and then runs fine. I took the unit out and inspected and cleaned the motor which seems fine. I am thinking it may be a...

Rheem rgda 075cer furnace pilot is lit but burners will not come on [ 0 Answers ]

I have tried turning the unit off and relighting the pilot and the burners will still not come on

Rheem RGAA-125A not working properly [ 0 Answers ]

Our furnace is running longer than usual, and then is off for a short amount of time and comes back on, most of the time. Sometimes it does not come on for quite a while, though it sounds like it is trying to come on. The blower doesn't turn when it is not coming on, but the gas is for a short...

New blower motor - Rheem furnace model # rgda-07ea-cr, 75,000 BTU. [ 9 Answers ]

Hi - I have a 1987/88 Rheem furnace model # rgda-07ea-cr, 75,000 BTU, natural gas. The blower motor is starting to get noisy and vibrate. I pulled it out and took it apart and looked at the bushing and shaft and see the shaft is wore, so thinking there is not use just replacing the bushing. ...

View more questions Search