Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loghutemina Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2014, 12:05 AM
    Drainfield Blockage? What to do?
    I have shifted to my new house and in my new house, I noticed blockage in drainfield. What should I do.. Please suggest me...
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2014, 11:16 AM
    Septic drainfield, if blocked, will have to be cleared, possibly by digging up and replacement. Are you sure it's not a full tank?
    loghutemina Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2014, 11:18 PM
    Thanks for your reply
    What to do for digging up... Can you suggest me the process...
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2014, 10:11 AM
    How did you determine blockage was in drainfield and not a tank problem? If it is a drainfield, you need to find the blockage or if saturated, you need to have someone come in and dig up the drainfield, remove all the piping, possibly bring in new dirt and relocate the field or try another type such as an "infiltrator" system. Not an inexpensive task. Was an inspection of the septic done before buying the house? When was the tank pumped out?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 13, 2014, 10:17 AM
    We could use a more detailed explanation here. If this is a septic system please explain how you came up with a blocked field. What do yuou see? This is normally not a DIY project since you appear to not have much experience with a septic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Driving over the drainfield [ 3 Answers ]

I am having an inground pool demolished. To do that I need about 140 cu yds of fill and all of it has to be brought in by crossing my drain field. The contractor says just have lighter loads on bigger trucks (more tires) but It sounds like from these discussions as if there is no way I can avoid...

Plumbing, septic or drainfield issue? [ 2 Answers ]

A couple weeks ago my master bath toilet almost overflowed. I cut the water off, waited till the next day for it to go down some, then plunged it. I haven't used it since. Then a couple days ago, I got out of the shower in the same bathroom and there was water everywhere. The drain is slow in there...

Our toilet is bubbling does that mean we need a drainfield? [ 0 Answers ]

We have a septic tank. When we shower at end of our shower the toilet starts bubbling. Septic people keep tell us we need a drainfield. We have 2 vents on the roof we snaked one should we snake the other and then drain the tank. What can we do ?

View more questions Search