Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bethanne2001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2014, 03:03 PM
    My mom and I have a terrible relationship
    Me and my mom never got along. I hate to say this but every time she sees me it seems like she hates me. We fight about everything. What I should wear, what I should do for my hair, everything! It wasn't until the day when I was 12 she literally kicked me out of the house so I had to go live with my grandma. My grandpa already passed so it was just my grandma. I enjoyed living with my grandma for those 3 years until she developed a type of lung cancer and had to stay in the hospital and I had to live in the hospital with her as well watching her suffer. The day my grandmother past was a very tragic loss. I had no one else to live with. I couldn't live with my aunts or uncles because they live in the UK which is too far and after my parents divorced my dad went back there as well. So my only option was to move back and live with my mom. My mom was not happy to see me at all when I came back. She always has this angry look on her face. I never even did anything! I don't know why she's so upset with me! Now she keeps telling me I can't do this, I can't do that. Like, I can't wear a skirt, I can't have nailpolish, I don't understand! I'm so tired of my mom right now I can't wait until I move out! Even my mom said that as well! She was like, I can't wait until your 18th birthday so you can finally move out so I don't have to live with you anymore! Me and my mom never got along ever. Whatever I say to her it turns into a fight. How do I deal with her? I'm so tired of having to live with her!
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 10, 2014, 03:12 PM
    How old are you? Sorry things are like this. Are there counselors at your school you can talk to?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2014, 03:18 PM
    That's because you always start fights... there is this basic concept of Honor thy parent... you earn respect by showing respect to others. You aren't entitled to it.

When you are an adult... have your own house and support yourself... you can do things your way... until then you do it her way... without any backtalk.

That's a lifeskill that's critical because you'll get fired from any job you will ever have walking around with an attitude like that. Seriously... you are the child, not the parents equal... you don't get to give them lip all the time... or really ever.

Time to take a long hard look at yourself. I bet you would HATE to have a little mini-you acting towards you like you do your mother.

Wake up call... but learn to curb the attitude or you will be in for some very rude and harsh lessons in life when you finally do move out on your own. People will not be as nice to you are you mother was when you get like that with them. Seriously... there are a LOT of people that would just assume give you a beatdown that puts you in the Emergency room or the morgue. Se seriously take a step back... bite your tongue... and give some thought to what I just said.

I've known a lot of people that sound like you... a lot of them are dead... some are in jail... a few finally recognised how and why they were wrong and turned their lives around... life is what you make it... good or bad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New relationship, new mom... [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have only been dating less than a year. We actually came together when we found out that I was two months pregnant, after not seeing each other for a month. We decided to try to work as a couple, and stayed together. Our son is now 4 months old. With the relationship being very...

I wanted out of our relationship, but I'm the one that feels terrible, and having a hard time getting over her... [ 3 Answers ]

Ok here's the story, was with this girl on and off for close to 2 years. It was up and down the whole time, most of the time I felt unshure around her and later she expressed the same. To me she was always talking about her ex's and how bad they treated her, and this may not of been everyday but...

Long distance relationship, think I need a break, but feel like a terrible person [ 12 Answers ]

So I've been with my boyfriend almost 1.5 years. I love him. I care about him. I want to marry him someday and have his children. He's my first boyfriend and first everything else. I'm 21 and feel like maybe I need to date a little bit more, especially during this time we can't be "together"...

A terrible event that has changed our relationship && love [ 1 Answers ]

I am a teenage girl and my boyfriend is 17 and we have been going out for about 6 months and are both very much in love for the first time he is the first guy I have ever loved and I am the only girl he has ever loved this much. We recently about a month ago had a fall out because of problems he...

View more questions Search