Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    forncrook Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2014, 02:14 PM
    Kitchenaid side by side refrig ice bin which freezes up and ice won't come out
    Ice won't come out of the ice bin. It freezes over. I think water is leaking out down into the mechanism area.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2014, 09:31 AM
    It could be that too much water is being put into the icemaker and the overflow is going into the ice bin. If that is the case there is an adjustment on the side of the icemaker. On the side facing outward there is a plastic cover that pops off. Inside you will see a screw adjustment with a spring around the screw and calibration marks behind it and usually the words "more" and "less." Adjust the screw a quarter turn and wait an hour or two until it goes through a harvest cycle. You should empty the bin while you are testing it so you will know when you have it right. On the other hand, if you have a leak where the water comes in you will need to find the leak. First, turn off the water and let the icemaker harvest so that it is empty. Find the water valve and unplug the leads attached to it. You will need to make a testing cable with push-on terminals on one end and a standard 120 volt plug on the other end, and if you can wire in a switch then that is even better. Plug an extension cord in and attach the adapter test cable to water valve. With door to freezer open and a pan under icemaker plug in cable to extension cord or turn on switch to energize water valve and watch where water goes in and see if there is a leak. If not, then likely you have a problem with too much water going into icemaker on fill part of cycle and you will need to adjust it. Here are some manuals (Whirlpool makes Kitchenaid): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8010163/Whirlpool%20Icemaker%20Troubleshooting%20Service%2 0Manual.pdf
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8010163/KAR-14%20KitchenAid%2015%20%26%2018%20inch%20Automacti c%20Ice%20Makers%20Service%20Manual.pdf
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8010163/Kitchenaid-Whirlpool-27%20inch%20French%20Door%20Refrigerators%20with%2 0Ice%20In%20Door%20Service%20Manual.pdf
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8010163/Kitchenaid-Whirlpool-27%20inch%20French%20Door%20Refrigerators%20with%2 0Ice%20In%20Door%20Service%20Manual.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE side by side ice maker shoot freezes [ 2 Answers ]

Model GE Profile Arctica about 6.5 yrs old. Model # PSS26MGPA WW Ice maker shoot freezes up. Ice bucket fills with cubes just fine and don't seem to melt and get fused together. However, where the bucket meets the shoot on the door shoot ice crystals form on the bottom of the bucket all...

My ice maker suddenly stopped making ice on Whirlpool gold side by side [ 0 Answers ]

I noticed the ice bin wasn't staying full as usual, the next morning it is almost empty, everything else seems to be working fine. It is a side by side whirlpool gold refrigerator with in the door ice. The word conquest is on the front of the door. The model # is GS6SHEXNL01. I pulled the frig out,...

GE side by side refrig ice & water dispenser [ 1 Answers ]

Water is not dispensed from my GE side by side refrig ice & water dispenser. And, the Ice maker makes ice but it will not dispense from my GE side by side refrig ice & water dispenser. I have installed a new water filter cartridge. I have turned off power to refrigerator and restored it w/i a...

GE side by side refrigirator ice maker won't make ice [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE side by side refrigerator where the ice maker doesn't seem to make any ice. I've even selected the quick ice feature on the freezer door and left it on overnight, but still no ice. Any help that can be provided is extremely appreciated. Thanks, Al.

View more questions Search