Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mortimer052784 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2014, 12:43 PM
    Are there fines for leaving MH behind after eviction
    I currently own my mobile home and pay lot rent. If I am evicted and have no funds or way to remove the home what can happen? Will I face fines or additional charges for leaving it behind?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 10, 2014, 01:04 PM
    The lot owner can sue you for the costs of removal.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 11, 2014, 03:26 PM
    If the mobile home is in a mobile home park, whatever state it is may have specific statutes which might or might not address some of these questions.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 12, 2014, 09:37 AM
    There could or will be many additional fees and charges,

First just on the money owed, they may sue and get a judgement, that will add interest, court costs and more.

Also, the issue of legal paper work to either remove or take over ownship of mobile home, will be lots of extra legal costs.
    Eupelia Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2014, 06:07 AM
    If you don't have money or property for them to get, it's unlikely they will sue. But if they do sue, for god's sake answer within 20 days and act pro se. Don't let them decide how much you owe them without any opposing evidence from you.

At least call a junk company to come try get it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 14, 2014, 06:14 AM
    Just because you don't have money now, doesn't mean, they won't sue. Especially if they can sue in small claims court.

But yes, if sued do not ignore the suit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very old fines.is there no limataions on old fines? [ 0 Answers ]

How is anyone with a low income ever going to be able to get a BC drivers.. I have tried and tried . Never had a because licinse. Will they ever let go .tu

I gave 3 day eviction to tenant and he not leaving my home [ 3 Answers ]

I own a home and live in the home that has a second apt. The tenants never fulfilled the deposit agreement. They were to switch utilities by December 1st which they have not done, but they were suppose to pay utilites kept in our name from Sept 1 to Dec 1 which they have not done. They have not...

VA eviction notice.can we pay and stop the eviction [ 3 Answers ]

My son and his wife are living in VA in a rental house. Rent is due the 1st with a 5 day grace period. When they realized they weren't going to be have money for rent until the 18th (wife is a teacher and that is her monthly payday) she called the rental agent and explained. She was told that as...

PA position-Need excuse for leaving job- Job started in June 08-leaving for Europe in [ 2 Answers ]

Leave my job as PA probably returning to job after I come back from my trip to Greece. After graduation I was looking for a job. After two months my best friend she found for me a job as a Personal Assistant. My boss ( an writer who works at home) during the interview told me that he was...

Kentucky eviction law motion for eviction [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I really need help I bought a house for 30,000 from a lady we have just a one simple page contract basically states I paid 15000.00 dollars down In April 05' and then make payments of 400.00 a month for 36 months Contract has no sell as is in it because at time of sale we the lady homeowner...

View more questions Search