Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 10, 2014, 01:41 PM
    Having your minds set on how live is going to be and it actually being that way are two different things. This is immaturity speaking. When you leave home, you want to do it with your parents blessing. You don't realize it now, but you will need them down the road and any guy who is willing to have you leave your family home without your parents blessing, does not care about you. He is being selfish
    How long have you known this guy? What kind of job does he have?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo1351 View Post
    I never said anything about sex yes they know I'm dating him they like him
    If they know you are dating him and like him, why are you worried about them making trouble for you?
    Cleaning up after and cooking for a guy does not mean you are ready to be living with someone. You should be doing those things at home.
    How long have you been dating this guy?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 10, 2014, 01:45 PM
    No once you are 18 you are able to make your own decisions.
    jojo1351 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2014, 01:53 PM
    Thank you scottgem! Finally someone who tries to answer my question!
    I've been dating him for about 3 years now

Feb 10, 2014, 01:58 PM
    Hmm, an 18 year old dating a 14 yr old? That doesn't sound good. And if your parents can prove he had sex with you before you turned 17, that could spell trouble for him.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 10, 2014, 02:02 PM
    Your parents were OK with their 14 year old dating a 18 year old? If you were my daughter, I'd have had a real problem with that.
    Why are you afraid of them making trouble for you if you move in with him? Did they know he was messing with you at 14?
    jojo1351 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2014, 02:04 PM
    My parents isn't like that does shell only want to call the cops cause I left! And umm I take my thank you back! None of you people help me I don't know why I even use this stupid website all it has it stupid white people who don't know what the to say
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 10, 2014, 02:06 PM
    My parents isn't like that does shell only want to call the cops cause I left! And umm I take my thank you back! None of you people help me I don't know why I even use this stupid website all it has it stupid white people who don't know what the to say
    We'll be here when you need us again.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 10, 2014, 02:07 PM
    Its not for sexual reasons... and I'm ready and I know I practically live with him I clean make food and doo all the chores I'm used of it
    jojo, stop playing games with us. Your past threads are available for anyone who wants to read them. I suggest they do.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/pregna...nt-771650.html
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/crimin...en-772603.html
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dating...dy-775454.html

You need to be honest with us and yourself. You have been sexually active. You have had a pregnancy scare (if you aren't pregnant). Apparently you finally decided you have been dating him for three years instead of (now) around nine months.

At 18 you will be legally considered an adult.

Feb 10, 2014, 02:14 PM
    Hmm 4 months ago you were dating only 5 months:

I am 17 and my boyfriends 20 we have been together about 5 months
    Your immaturity is showing. You throw a tantrum because you aren't getting the answer you want to hear.

In one of the other threads you said you cook and clean for him (besides being a sexual partner). Looks like he's got a maid with benefits.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 10, 2014, 02:18 PM
    So are you pregnant now?
    No wonder you got so mad with you last statement. You are not being honest and you're getting the answers you want.
    You want to move in with a 21 year old you have been dating a few months. You have no clue young lady. No wonder you are concerned about your parents.
    You need to get yourself a job, save some money and get an idea about how much it would cost for you to live on your own.
    I have a feeling this is the 21 year old filling your head with this move in with me and have a baby and everything will be wonderful stuff.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2014, 02:57 PM
    Gee... we have yet another 17 year old that thinks they have all the answers to life... well, remember what we told you when you find these things all out the hard way that you don't know ANY of the answers you thought you did. Its obvious she is bound and determined to do that anyway. After all Trailerparks need residents... and someone has to work minimum wage jobs.

You actually seemed somewhat intelligent BEFORE that last outburst... all I can say is good luck... you are going to need every bit of it you can get with that attitude.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 10, 2014, 03:17 PM
    One reason we say what we say is because we have been through it, a lot of people we know have, and we hear from teens like you here, day in and day out. Some are defiant like you and some are in tears, wanting to kill themselves. The boyfriend usually kicks them out about 2 months after the baby is born, and they can't go home... they end up in homeless shelters. They can't even get welfare right away, and housing can take years.
    Every single one of them believed that their love was forever. Tell us, how many people do you know who have been together more than 5 years, tops?
    (PS We aren't scorning you or looking down on you, and race has nothing to do with it.)
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2014, 03:22 PM
    Also notice she said "move in with him".. apparently they don't think enough of each other to get married. So when he gets bored of having sex with her, or just listening to her complaining, because she's not a wife... just a squeeze.. he'll throw her out and move onto another... happens every day.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 10, 2014, 03:37 PM
    Well I am not white and you know what I think of what you are doing. You are thinking like a 17 year old who has been blown away by a 21 year old. He has filled your head with love and babies, moving in and we'll be happy. Has he offered to marry you if you are pregnant? If he truly cares for you he would be telling you to stay on the good side of your parents and when you do move out it will be with their blessing. You have not known this guy long enough to be moving in with him, especially at your age with no job.
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2014, 07:08 PM
    I bet her parents are thrilled she wants to move in with him to become his full time sex toy (there is a better name for it but it would not be appropriate to use here), until he gets bored at least. I bet they won't like him so much then.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 11, 2014, 01:22 AM
    I am getting in here a little late. But >
    1. if it is true and real love, guess what, it can wait and it will still be true love after dating 2 years and maturing more.

2. if it is true love, he would marry you first, and then consider babies.

3. if it was true love, you both would worry and be concerned enough to both have education and better jobs, so you can provide for each other better.

4. if he really loved you,he would be trying to respect your family more
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 11, 2014, 07:28 AM
    When you turn 18 you can do whatever you choose to, but don't burn your bridges, just in case your desperate dream doesn't work, and you have to have the support of family AGAIN. I fail to see the wisdom of counting on a fellow you have not known very long though you have intense feelings for.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 11, 2014, 09:48 AM
    LOL!!!! Thanks for the laugh! How do you know what color any of us are? And what would being white have to do with anything that you asked and the answers you were given?

Ok, I will tell you what you want to hear even though it's not the right thing....

YES! Move out and live with him! At 18, you are legal to do that! Go! Live your dream!!!!!!

Of course, when everything comes apart, you will know the "stupid white people" were right.
    I was 18 once and I knew everything there was to know! I knew how my life was going to be and that was it!

I was wrong....

Have fun!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Desperate. [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been together over a year. In the beginning everything was perfect. But after a year together and living together we seem to be fighting more and he gets very angry out of nowhere and half the time it’s not because anything I did . He says he wants us to start over again to...

Im desperate [ 7 Answers ]

My children's father got the kids for the summer and now he won't let me contact them via the telephone. I don't know where his residence is. What can I do?

Desperate for help [ 0 Answers ]

I'm in a crisis, I have been diagnosed with severe anxiety, depression, and social anxiety, I have been on medication for years and I recently had to quit my job because I couldn't handle it anymore, I was prescribed xanax 3mg xr twice a day and wellbrutin 300mg once a day, the medications is not...

Please Help... desperate [ 9 Answers ]

Hey people... I really need some advice... I have been seeing a guy I work with for just over a month now and he was head over heels for me even though I wasn't too keen to begin with but he won me over... neway... everythin was going great until a week ago when he had some terrbile news about a...

View more questions Search