Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Feb 10, 2014, 11:58 AM
    WiFi Internet Connection..?
    I'm visiting with friends who have Internet Cable Wifi.. The Modem / Router is located in the Basement where the Electrical Panel, Freezer & Bell Phone box is located.. The Internet Cable enters the house beside the Bell Wire... Problem is the Internet Signal is sporadic, never know when it will cut out which can be a Bummer in the best of times... lol.. My Question is , What can be causing the Signal to Cut Out... There is No Sweet Spot if you will anywhere in the house that the Signal would appear to be at it's strongest or free from cutting out... Thanks
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2014, 12:14 PM
    Bet you have a great signal in the basement however. THe best place to locate a wireless router is as close to the center of the house as is practical. Signal is attenuated by walls and floors and doing that will reduce the distance the signal goes in any direction.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 10, 2014, 12:15 PM
    Locating the router in a basement requires that the signal go through floors and walls. Better to run an ethernet cable from the modem to the router on another level. Maybe upgrade the router as well.
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Feb 10, 2014, 01:34 PM
    I'm thinking it's the Router too

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to configure iball baton wifi router for hathway internet connection [ 0 Answers ]

How to configure I ball baton WiFi router for hathway for my hathway internet connection? I already have hathway modem "CISCO DPQ2160" . Hathway is cable internet connection provider.

Wii connection to internet check internet connection [ 1 Answers ]

My internet connection is fine I just can't post anything on craigslist looking for giving me that there a message I'm tired of all the issues on craigslist you can't post anything on craigslist. I can't even log in to my craigslist account something about a warning

Tablet wifi connection [ 1 Answers ]

Cannot get my tablet wi.fi. Connection to my wi. Router

View more questions Search