Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cait49 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2014, 08:47 PM
    Ovarian Cyst help!
    Hi, I went in for a CT a few months ago for my stomach and they also found an ovarian cyst on my right ovary. For the last two or three months I've had a dull, achey pain come and go and randomly have sharp pains as well in my lower right pelvic area. It isn't here all of the time, but it is quite annoying when it is. I also have scar tissue there due to an appendectomy four years ago and it seems that the cyst makes me feel more uncomfortable with the scar tissue above. I was wondering of this was normal and if I should go to the doctor to get it checked out? Thank you!
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Feb 10, 2014, 09:14 AM
    Did they have a treatment schedule get drawn up for the cyst? Was it a wait and see what happens? I would visit the doctor just to get an opinion.

Feb 10, 2014, 04:52 PM
    Well, I've never seen a gynecologist before and honestly not looking forward to, haha, but the radiologist just told me that they saw the cyst while doing my scan. My scan wasn't for that though, it was for a picture of my abdomen to look at my intestines and stomach. I'm just wondering if it needs to be drained or if it will go away after a few months without having to go see a new doctor. Thank you for your help!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 10, 2014, 04:58 PM
    Who ordered your test be done? Even if you went to the emergency room you should have gone to the doctor with these result.

Feb 10, 2014, 05:05 PM
    My gastroenterologist ordered my test, but she doesn't deal with ovarian cysts. That's why I'm wondering if I should go to a gynecologist or not.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 10, 2014, 05:25 PM
    Don't wonder, just make n appointment yesterday.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ovarian Cyst [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Doc I am Huma and I am single.. I need to ask you something about my health.. well I have two follicular cyst in my left ovary.. according to ultra sound report my left ovary measures 4.1cm x 2.8cm. Contains two follicular cysts measures 1.7cm x 2.3cm & 1.6cmx1.9cm. having irregular...

Ovarian cyst [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 18 years old and I have had a miscarriage about 4 months ago then found out I had a cyst on my left ovary and that busted about a little more than a month ago, I haven't had a menstrual yet, I think I may have another cyst because I'm hurting some in my lower abdomen (like cramping), I'm...

Ovarian cyst [ 2 Answers ]

I am about to turn 40 this year. I have been experiencing some changes my periods are way off, in past always been same time each month. Past year they have been off one month have one next nothing for couple months is that normal? I went to my obgyn they done ultrasound and found cist on my...

Pain from ovarian cyst after cyst is gone [ 1 Answers ]

My 15 year old daughter had an ovarian cyst about 4 months ago (6cm in size). She was put on birth control and the cyst went away after about 2 months, but she has pain in her abdomen almost every day. It gets worse when she is working out or playing sports. She has been given pain medicine but...

Ovarian Cyst [ 4 Answers ]

My friend has an ovarian cyst, is it cancerous?

View more questions Search