Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Apr 2, 2007, 08:42 AM
    Baby cries when you don't hold him
    Young couple on the block have a newborn 3 months old. Young parents
    Hold the baby most of the time. Infant checked out by doctor, feeding
    OK and diaper changing adequate.

Baby starts crying in a tantrum when you put him down. Foams at the
    Mouth. Soon as you pick him up he stops crying.

Any you gals have a solution, or is it too late and the baby is
    Spoiled
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2007, 08:56 AM
    You can not spoil a baby this young. Some baby's are just more sensitive to their surroundings then others. Do they swaddle the baby? If they don't this might help. Newborns tend to feel insecure and frightened when their little arms and legs are snuggly wrapped. Have you ever been laying down, and been to that point when you are almost asleep, but not quite, and you suddenly get that sensation that you are falling,and it causes you to jerk awake? Babies tend to get this sensation all the time when they are new to the world. They are use to being able to float around in womb and are still adjusting to the newfound gravity and wide open spaces. Swaddling the baby helps them to feel like they are in the womb again, and gives them comfort when they are not being held.however it would be wise for them to start putting the baby down when he gets drowsy, as this will help him to learn how to fall asleep on his own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help... Dog cries every night in the crate... [ 10 Answers ]

My one year old dachshund cries every night at around 1am in his crate for no other reason then to be let out to come sleep in my bed. We try to ignore it and tell him to lay down but this will go on for an hour or so until we finally give in and let him out. Any suggestions?? Thanks

Dog Cries when Pooping [ 1 Answers ]

I have a two year old lab/terrior mix and for the last few days she cries when she poops. Can anyone tell me why? Sincerely, Case7280

9 month old cries/screams with new nanny [ 7 Answers ]

I am a mother of a 9 month old baby girl... I recently quit my office job to be at home starting a new career as a freelance writer, where I work from home. I've hired a nanny for 4 hours a day to watch my baby while I try working and marketing myself, and we're only in the 2nd week, but it is not...

Chihuahua cries from the sound of her toy [ 5 Answers ]

I have just bought a small toy for my doggie. It squeeks when you press it. Or when my dog bites it. When I started squezzing it, she whines... like she sad Or she goes like: arrghhoOoOooOoooOoOOoOooo like wholves. She about 2 years old. I have no idea why she does it it think Either it...

Puppy whines and cries all the time [ 1 Answers ]

Hi We have a 6 week old chihuahua, and I have had puppies in the past but never have I had one that no matter what he cries, you hold him he cries put him down he cries,wrap him up he cries no matter what, My sister in law has his sister she is very playful and doesn't do that, DO I just have a...

View more questions Search