Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    affan280 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2014, 11:29 AM
    Do I need a permit?
    Hi, I have an electric range and I want to convert to gas. Then gas pipe is underneath in the basement. Do I need a permit?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 9, 2014, 11:41 AM
    To do what ?
    You'd be well advised to employ a professional when dealing with either gas or electrickery.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 9, 2014, 11:52 AM
    Depends on what's required where you live and how legal you want to be.
    Call your building inspector and ask.
    Plenty of people feel that they know enough to safely make new gas connections to existing gas and do so, but strangers online aren't going to guess about what you know.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2014, 03:19 PM
    Some areas require a permit with gas, some with electric. Your local permitting dept. will tell you. Most non big city locations do not need a permit. Are you comfortable with doing gas piping? Read up before considering, pipe thread fittings, pipe dope, gas shut off in the immediate area of the range, no compression fittings, flare fittings only.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 9, 2014, 04:44 PM
    There is no one in Ontario who can do a gas hook up except a licensed professional. Who would want to fool around with a gas line not knowing what you are doing!

I know this may not be in Canada, but who cannot help but call a gas company to find out no matter where the live?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sailing Permit/ Departure Permit for Independent Contractors [ 3 Answers ]

My spouse and I have been in the US for less than a year under residential alien status. We are both independent contractors. Do we need to file for a sailing permit? We don't have salary tabs to take to the airport, due to being independent contractors. Will we need a sailing permit in...

Work permit [ 0 Answers ]

I received a poste of work from job777 agency and I need youa=r assistace to preparate my paypers :CV European format, Work permit, motivation letter with registration number/ with an excellent quality according to the European ]

How to own fa without permit [ 3 Answers ]

I just want to have a collection of guns with no ammo would I need a permit?

Pistol permit [ 3 Answers ]

I want to obtain a pistol permit... but there is a felony from 4 years ago on my record... is there any possible way to obtain one... and if not how about a shotgun... is it possible and if so how:confused:

Permit or No Permit Basement [ 6 Answers ]

I am building a basement, living room, bathroom, office. Nothing really complex, no loadbearing walls. I have a permit. My brother in-law is also building a basement with out a permit. I will have to pay more taxes when I am done, correct? What is the advangage of getting the permit.

View more questions Search