Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JaniyahW15_ Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2014, 11:16 AM
    First tattoo.
    Last Saturday (February 1st) I went and got my first tattoo. On that following Sunday I went and purchased A+D ointment & have been applying that on my tattoo (btw, it's on my stomach). In the shower I used scented Dove soap and rub it on my tattoo and rinse it off. The tattoo has began to itch increasingly but, I've been slapping it to hold off from itching although I've slipped up and itched it a few times. It's beginning to look like it's about to start the process of peeling and I would like to know should I keep applying the A+D ointment or switch to unscented lotion since I've been applying the ointment for a week now?. All answers are welcomed!!! Thanks :)))
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Feb 8, 2014, 12:20 PM
    What aftercare instructions did your artist give you? When I got my tats done I was sent home with detailed instructions on what to do on each day. I would follow those instructions. I hope you went to an actual artist that has got the certifications and licenses needed and not a banger. IF you went to a banger than I would get seen by a doctor as bangers typically do not have hygiene standards and you may be at risk of diseases.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2014, 12:39 PM
    Keep using the AD is OK, it is suppose to itch ( badly) and will peel some.
    I used AD about once a day, and lotion about 20 times a day ( OK not that, but many many times a day) carried lotion bottle to work. For about 3 week after that.

After a week you can switch to lotion but some AD at night is OK to keep moist

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Getting a tattoo [ 20 Answers ]

I'm 16 years old and I want to but a tattoo on my hand if my hand grows will the tattoo get Ruined. Its legal in my country so please give me your Scientific judgment . And thanks. (:

Tattoo [ 1 Answers ]

I really want to get a tattoo and I have a good reason. I am a cancer survivor and want to get something to represent that. I am very scared though! LOL I keep hearing, heck yea it hurts and no it doesn't hurt and depends where u get it. Well I plan to get it on the left side of my back/below...

Tattoo [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I got a tattoo done on the 6th of April and am wondering when I can start doing competitive swimming again. My artist said that I can go swimming and training in 2 weeks. But I'm just worried about the chlorine water so want to be on the safe side. I have read somewhere that it's safer to wait...

Which would be a better tattoo? [ 1 Answers ]

So, I want to get a tattoo to represent my 2 children. I love Jasmine Becketts artwork and so I have 2 pics that I love, I'm just not sure which I prefer. I was hoping you guys could weigh in. As you can see from my pic, my kids are far apart in age, so a female fairy protecting the baby dragon is...

View more questions Search