Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    123jamie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2014, 09:04 AM
    Pipes under kitchensink frozen, have applied heat via space heater for over 12 hours.
    Pipes under kitchen sink frozen. Have used space heater for 12 hours still no water.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 6, 2014, 10:38 AM
    Hi 123Jamie

Keep heating the area, but be sure to keep the faucet OPEN while thawing the pipes out. If you don't keep a the faucet open the pipes won't thaw easily...;)

Star there...

Mark
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 6, 2014, 01:41 PM
    Both hot and cold are frozen? Can you see the pipes or are they buried in the wall?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thawing frozen hydronic heater pipes [ 3 Answers ]

We've rented an enormous kerosene heater to heat up the house so that the pipes would thaw. We've been at it for many hours now and no results. Don't want to leave the heater on all night obviously, but we're concerned giving up now means the pipes will freeze again. What can we do?

My drain is frozen&myhotwaterpipe I've used a space heater for about 2-3 hours [ 2 Answers ]

My bathroom is near an outside wall , every year the pipes freeze, but usually they become unthawed with the heat turned up. My husband just recently passed away, leaving me to learn how todo things on my own. My problem is the drain is frozen as well as my hot water pipes, I've used a spaceheater...

Installing a water cut off to unused space/to prevent frozen pipes. [ 2 Answers ]

I recently asked a plumber to install a cut off to water going upstairs... to save money by not heating the unused space and to reduce the chance of frozen pipes. His cut off only worked for a bar sink directly above the cut off (he put it on top of the hot water heater). The bathroom at the...

Installing electric Space Heater - do I need heat resist. Wire? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm installing a 240v, 1500 W (6.25 A) electric space heater made by: Zonal Energy Efficient Heater - Electric Wall, Fan, and Baseboard Heaters I read their installation instructions - no requirements fro wire are spelled out. Can I run regular 12/2 romex to this or do I need some type of...

Frozen pipes - detecting burst pipes [ 1 Answers ]

Cold side of the kitchen faucet was frozen this a.m. Trickle returned this evening, followed by an immediate drop in hot faucet pressure - then some brownish water - the brownish water lasted 20 seconds - but the pressure is still low 1/3 pressure now and can get both some hot and some cold Have...

View more questions Search