Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starrderuyter14 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2014, 11:13 PM
    Belly button rash
    Hi my name is starr. I have a rash inside of my belly button that comes and goes frequently it is very red inside of my belly button and painful there has also been some discharge. The dr said it was a yeast infection and gave me meds to use. Which cleared up but then came back worse and it gets worse every time it has been going on off and on since 2012
    And if it was a yeast infection it would have not have come back. I'm desperate for some help and answers thank you.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 6, 2014, 05:53 AM
    Sorry, but yeast infections on the skin do come back, over and over. Spend more care when bathing or showering, swishing soap in it with your pinkie, and rinsing out the soap well. Dry carefully, and walk around naked for as long as you can to air dry it too. Keep a bottle of peroxide handy for a little bit on a tissue or cotton swab once or twice a day. If you are careful, you shouldn't have to keep getting prescriptions from a doctor for anti yeast cream. You will of course if these suggestions aren't enough this time.

Other moist, hidden parts of the body can get this too - top of legs, armpits, under breasts, and even laugh lines on the face or eye folds.

OH - and no tight jeans! It needs air even when you are clothed.

Feb 9, 2014, 02:40 AM
    I understand. That but no matter what I do it comes back

Feb 9, 2014, 02:43 AM
    Is their something else I can try besides antifungal Powder
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 9, 2014, 04:21 AM
    Mycostatin cream, from a doctor. Put it on when you go to sleep.
    Then swab it 2 -3 times a day with peroxide and a cotton swab, unless that hurts.
    I don't think the powder is reaching the deepest spots.
    Wear clean cotton underwear each day, that goes above your navel, and loose clothing.
    Stretch out flat as often as you can, and expose the navel to air.

It just occurred to me that this can, in some cases, be a bacterial infection, not fungal. Call your doctor and ask about an antibiotic. You may have to consult a dermatologist to determine whether it's the usual fungal, or the more unusual bacterial, or even viral. You can buy low-dose antibiotic creams in the drugstore. Also buy a cortisone cream to relieve the pain, although it doesn't cure anything.

It is common for this (it's called intertrigo) to come back over and over. Aside from deep belly buttons, being overweight, not bathing enough, and not getting enough air, some think this can be related to vitamin B6 deficiency, so it won't hurt to take some B vitamins.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly button goes in [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 36 n 4 days pregnant, and suddenly I notice my belly button goes back in although it was vry popped out and was visible, and yesterday I had pain every 10 min for 14 hours and than disappears? My doc says my baby in lower and inside near spine, and didn't even done dilation check, its my...

Belly button [ 0 Answers ]

Ok I had my belly button pierce for about a week. N my top whole has streched.. What should I do? N will it heal this way?

Belly button [ 0 Answers ]

I got my belly button ring ripped out at the end of November When could I get it repierced?

Identifying a rash around my belly button [ 1 Answers ]

I've had it for a while. At first, I though it was an irritation from the belts I was wearing, but I don't think so anymore. It's on the right side of my belly button (facing me). An area of skin is blotchy and red. It will be relatively calm for a few days, but then it will get all dry and...

Achy belly under belly button, and had dirreaha (tmi I know sorry) [ 6 Answers ]

I am irregular when it comes to AF, had my period last month (april) from the 8th to the 12th.. my husband was home for leave from iraq and we tried our hardest to conceive, but I do not know if it works. I typically have my period around the 28th but sometimes comes late or a month late... very...

View more questions Search