Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maniac0683 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 06:55 AM
    Is it still possible?
    I've been hanging out with this girl a lot, and I like her... but not the type to really want a relationship. I've talked with her about that and she didn't care. She was a virgin (at 23) and just really wanted to see what it was like to have sex. Finally a couple weeks ago, I gave in. She told me she was on birth control, but I still used a condom. It was not my first time, so I know how to put it on and everything. Well, now she's telling me that she is 3 days late, and she has never been late before. Can having sex for the first time mess up your cycle at all somehow? I really am not ready for this... my stomach has been turning all weekend :(
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Apr 2, 2007, 07:03 AM
    Any time you have sex, protected or not you run the possibility of getting pregnant. But just because she has never been late before doesn't mean she can't be now. Women's cycles can change at any time. Is it possible that she is lying to you? I mean she probably isn't but there is always that possibility if you have made her mad or something. Don't worry about it right now because there is nothing you can really do about it but wait. Maybe she is stressed out about the possibility of being pregnant-sometimes stress can cause your cycle to be out of whack.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2007, 08:37 AM
    Its important to remember that no form of birth control is 100% effective. It is possible that she is pregnant, even though you did try to prevent it by using a condom. I am afraid until she gets a positive result(and you see it with your own eyes) there isn't much you can do but wait. If she is three days late, she can take a test right now. Yes, having sex for the first time can throw your cycles off a bit. It is also possible that perhaps she is using this as a way to keep you around. Sounds to me like she really likes you, and has been after you for a while. (since you said you finally gave in) If she was just wanting to have sex for the first time, she could have gone out and done it with anyone, but it sounds as though she really wanted her first time to be with YOU. SO that might be something you want to consider. I'm not trying to call her a lier, I don't know her. BUT in this kind of situation, you want to consider every possibility. So make sure you are there when she takes the test. Good luck to you,and hope all works out
    Maniac0683 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 07:13 AM
    Thanks for the replys! She actually e-mailed me this morning saying that she got her period :)
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Apr 3, 2007, 11:57 AM
    Whew! What a relief! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search