Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brandyb101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2014, 05:12 PM
    How do you exactly determine mileage per state for your ifta sticker
    Trying for the first time to figure out mileage per state for doing ifta taxes. Like, I make a trip from Georgia to Texas, how would I figure out the miles? And I only bought fuel in Alabama and Texas, does that matter?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2014, 06:47 PM
    That is what the odometer is for. Otherwise, any Atlas will give you driving distance or just do a Mapquest between addresses or nearest cities on your drive.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 4, 2014, 07:55 PM
    You would have written down starting and ending mileage, it is your duty to keep records of mileage used. And to be able to produce those records to IRS if needed.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 5, 2014, 09:17 AM
    IFTA taxes are for long-haul truckers, who maintain detailed logs as to where they drive and their mileage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can state structure can be determine [ 0 Answers ]

what are the factors that determine state structure?

Scratch off sticker [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone I am looking for a manufacture that sells silver and gold scratch off sticker. Domestic or global. Thanks

How do I determine what state to file with? [ 1 Answers ]

I lived in NC from 7/08 to 8/09. My spouse is military with home of record as NY. Moved to GA 9/09 to present(not military related). I am filing married filing separately for 2009. My only income was a 1099-G unemployment from NY. My drivers license etc. is still with NY. Only has an...

Standard mileage vs. Actual mileage [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I had business income last year in 2007 (Schedule C) so I took the auto actual expense deduction. In the current year I do not have the business income but I have the rental income where I can take the auto expenses in Schedule E. I want to know if I can take the standard mileage...

Ifta fuel tax [ 2 Answers ]

I drive a rig and drive in 5 states but I get fuel only in my own state. I had to file my own ifta this year and I need a little help with it. Does anyone know how I put it on the form.

View more questions Search