Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vee30 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2014, 11:26 AM
    Acne
    Hi,

I had horrible acne for years and tried absolutely everything! I finally got on Accutane which helped a lot. I stopped taking Accutane on November 27th 2012! I Recently started breaking out again and I am absolutely terrified my face will get bad again. I need help and answers on what to do.

Thank you,
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 4, 2014, 02:54 PM
    See your dermatologist again, the same one. We can't help you with this, but would like to know how old you are now that you are breaking out.
    patrickduff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2014, 04:05 AM
    If you have too much acne on your face then you can try cream that contain benzoyl peroxide, antibiotic, or even salicylic acid. You also have to change some of your habits like, You have to stop eating oily food, wash face thrice a day, use antibiotic soap to wash face, eat lots of fruits, drink 2-3ltrs of water everyday, etc. Try all this things, at least to some extent you will get relief. TC.. and be in touch on this forum
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2014, 05:54 AM
    If your acne is severe it is probably not related to washing or diet. It is likely hormonal. Go back to the dermatologist for ongoing treatment. If accurate works, stick with it. You will eventually outgrown this.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 11, 2014, 07:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickduff View Post
    If you have too much acne on your face then you can try cream that contain benzoyl peroxide, antibiotic, or even salicylic acid. You also have to change some of your habits like, You have to stop eating oily food, wash face thrice a day, use antibiotic soap to wash face, eat lots of fruits, drink 2-3ltrs of water everyday, etc. Try all this things, at least to some extent you will get relief. TC.. and be in touch on this forum
    Hi. Just to note, According to the Mayo Clinic, Oily foods and chocolate don't contribute to Acne. They basically say that foods high in carbohydrates and dairy products have more of an effect. So the bread, bagels, chips, and other foods that spike your blood sugar levels are more likely than oily foods. Which makes sense if you think about our diets when we tended more to the hunter gatherer model rather than the agrarian diet we're used to.

Another note on diet, it has come to light that the 2-3L or 8 glass of water daily was more of acedotal statement than rule. If you're thirsty, drink. Make sure you have water but don't water log yourself. You're more likely to leech out vital nutrients and vitamins which would do worse for your body. If you exercise and need to replace your electrolytes and hydrate yourself, consume more water. If you're a desk jockey, than a few sips when you need it is fine enough. As well all the moisture in the food you consume, as well as the drinks, counts into that value as well. The moisture in an apple, or the au-jus for your beef dip or what not. It all counts.

As well soap and clean fresh water is antibacterial by nature. Antibacterial soap or harsher soaps can work but it might damage the skin more which will cause more skin issues. A good simple soap that will remove the oils from the skin will work just as well and be better for your skin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using acne home remedy and a store acne product at the same time. [ 6 Answers ]

Ok,Is it bad to use fresh garlic to try to cure acne while using an over the counter top product called clearsil ultra daily face wash?:rolleyes:

ACNE problems! And rash from acne cream! [ 1 Answers ]

So, now, it's been a week that I'm waiting for my skin to heal, but it's still not getting any better. I've used an acne cream that was prescribed by my doctor (5% benzoyl peroxide) and spread it over my face. (I know.. that was just a very stupid thing) Then after 2 days, my face literally burned!...

Laser Treatment for acne, acne scars, and red marks [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am 20yrs old and I've had acne since I was 14. This past year, my acne really flared up. I went to a dermatologist and they told me to go on Accutane. I didn't want to go on, because I already suffer from depression. They also suggested laser treatment for red marks from past acne and tiny...

What to do about acne [ 8 Answers ]

I have three BIG bumps on my face and I want to dry them up as soon as possible. I hear lemon is a natural antibacteral agent. Does anyone know of any face mask recipes I can use ?

View more questions Search