Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Katt101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2014, 11:52 PM
    How can you tell if demons are around you??
    Hello everyone.. I need your help.. OK at night I feel like something is watching me when I'm like going to sleep and my dogs starts to bark as if someone is near our house or coming to visit us but there's more than that lately I've been hearing some strange noises and it is when I'm alone in my room or in the living room. One night I woke up to a very loud banging noise on my bedroom's door (cause I close it when I start to sleep )and when I opened it no one was there . My grandmother lives with me but she is asleep and she goes to church as well but she doesn't believe me. I am really starting to think that it is a demon of some sort. Why I am thinking it is because when I was in the sixth grade I was possessed with a demon and the preacher was at my house casting it out but it then went to my grandmother. It was calling my name and looking directly towards me. I passed out soon after I saw this demon. I'm afraid to go anywhere dark or isolated... can anyone tell me any signs that I should be concerned about or things I should look out for ? Thanks
    emmamommy Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Feb 4, 2014, 02:05 AM
    I think you should go to priest of your church and tell him about your situation and he will help you.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 4, 2014, 04:52 AM
    In an infinite Universe everything will happen. Intelligent maleficent beings without 3-dimensional forms are less likely than people developing paranoiac perceptions. This is why most Seminary graduates have a great deal of training in sorting out such perceptions. Has the "preacher" you mentioned graduated from such a Seminary or did the preacher have an epiphany and start preaching with no formal training? Preachers without formal training are often more sincere and inspiring than formally trained ones but in this case you might best consult a graduate.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 4, 2014, 05:37 AM
    You have already told us what you have seen, I don't think there is anymore we can add.

By the way, how old are you ?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Feb 4, 2014, 09:00 AM
    You are hearing noises that could be caused by many things- creaking, settling walls, roofs, floors, etc. that may very well sound like someone banging on the door if you are half asleep.

You are seeing things that are coming from your grandmother now being possessed as you imply. These things are auditory, (calling your name) and visual ( seeing what you think is a demon, and scared you enough that you passed out).

I would be interested to know what you were experiencing with your exorcism when you were in 6th grade. What was your behavior like; what did you see and hear, and how the accumulation of 'symptoms' eventually resulted in the exorcism. Your situation must have been out of control, in order for such a drastic measure to take place in your home.

The preacher involved- what religion is this, and is this common, or has happened before with other people that you know of?

That your grandmother does not believe what you are seeing and hearing, does not mean that it is proof she must be possessed.

I hope that you will post again with more information on the circumstances you experienced in grade 6, as well as your current situation. Your age would be helpful, and if you can say if there are other people in your life, such as siblings, parents, other relatives, friends, etc. who may have all weighed in on what they think might be happening to you. Do you, or have you shared this information with a teacher or friend?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 4, 2014, 09:13 AM
    I am sometimes worried by some "preachers" who seem to find demons everywhere and chase them away almost every week.

In reality, by most religious standards there are few people possessed by demons.

Are there spirits around, of course, they are everywhere, angels and evil spirits, they are in every city, and around most places, odds are you are close to dozens every day.

A noise is not normally it,

If grandma , had a demon go into her, when you were in 6th grade, for real, odds are, she would believe you now
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Feb 4, 2014, 03:35 PM
    Interesting claim. I might point out that your grandmother simply doesn't want to deal with this type of situations again. Some people choose to simply ignore a situations rather than deal with it. I work with such an individual who has active spirit manifestations in his home, will tell me about it, but refuses to acknowledge that it's real. The flip side of that is also that just because an individual goes to church does not mean they believe in everything. Some of the worst unbelievers I've ever met are ones that call themselves Christians.

Why do you think the demon went into your grandmother after it came out of you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Demons terrozing [ 14 Answers ]

Here's the deal. I'm a Christian, and I have a close relationship with God, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I've been staying at my boyfriends apartment house for a little while until I finally decided to move in. Well I noticed little strange things were happening, and paid no attention to it, like...

Do demons excist? [ 62 Answers ]

U may not believe me but I think there is a demon in my house and I'm scared to death. If you know any thing about 638 Reeves rd please tell me!! Please I'm desprate to know!! Thank you.

Your Experience of Demons [ 10 Answers ]

A similar question was recently asked here, but this one is for those who have actually experienced a demonic event. When I saw The Exorcist many years ago, I admit it was a truly frightening movie. But was it true, or just a cleverly produced movie? This question is for those who feel they...

Demons [ 142 Answers ]

Here's a question and I would like to get a christian (especially catholic) point of veiw on this. What is your belief about demons? Do they exist and do they mess with us in a spiritua sense? Can one really be possessed? I have a friend who has a severe seizure disorder, and he is a devout...

Demons: [ 77 Answers ]

Who was the woman from whom Jesus cast out seven demons? What were the demons? HANK :)

View more questions Search