Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pricettfn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 05:34 AM
    A Lien on a Mortgage
    How do I tell / where do I look to find out if there's a lien on my mortgage from city fines acquired years back that were thought to have been paid off.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 2, 2007, 05:53 AM
    You check the County Clerk it will be listed in the county deed records.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2007, 06:14 AM
    Actually the lien is not on the mortgage but on or against the property. Any record of this would be at he county office where the recorder of deeds office is ( or similar name in your area) You will have to review these records to see if there was a lien placed against the property

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Appraisal Lien [ 2 Answers ]

I was trying to get a Second Mortgage on my home and the finance company has been ethically horrible all the way through it, Global Financing, they told me one thing then another, had my house appraised and when I decided to go through another mortgagecompany after they had run me around enough, I...

Divorce and a lien [ 1 Answers ]

In divorce papers it stated that I pay a debt until pending final resolution of a divorce. Well finally got my divorce and she has yet to make a payment on the debt that has her as primary and a lien on my truck. My truck is not worth the lien so I can part with it. The problem is she gets a mental...

Lien [ 4 Answers ]

Can a credit card company place a lien on property?

Lien [ 8 Answers ]

I checked my account online tonight and all my money is gone. I called my bank's 1800 number and they said there is a lien on the account for 2000 dollars. I only had about 700 approx total. My account shows overdrawn -1768!! How can they do that? I never received ANY notice of this. I did...

View more questions Search