Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Feb 3, 2014, 03:42 AM
    How to Remove A Very Fine Sliver?
    Looking for a DIY remedy or an over the Counter Ointment that could draw out a very fine sliver that has embedded itself into the top of my foot.. I know there's something there as I feel it from dragging my foot across the bed... A magnifying glass doesn't help either... lol..
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 3, 2014, 03:56 AM
    You really need the help of another person to find it, with tweezers and magnifying glass. Someone who can patiently run their fingers lightly over your foot until you say exactly where it is.
    Or you have to just wait for it to heal, assuming it isn't deep enough to get infected, which you could see and feel. Eventually new skin pushes off old skin and it will be gone.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 3, 2014, 04:30 AM
    There are various "drawing salves" on the market that encourage new skin to grow. The one Master Carpenter (who would know more about splinters, right?) I knew preferred the salves made from coal tar. Look up "coal tar drawing salve" for the brands available in your area.
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Feb 4, 2014, 06:38 AM
    @ Catsmine... A cup of Epson Salts mixed a Pale of Hot water seems to have done the Trick... Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My parents sliver anniversary [ 3 Answers ]

My parents sliver anniversary is less then 24 hours and I'm stock with my speech. I need help.

What is "sliver coin certificate of 1928"? [ 0 Answers ]

What is "Silver Coin Certificate of 1928"? And how much is it worth of a one million dollar face value certificate?

Recycle little sliver of bar of soaps [ 1 Answers ]

How would little sliver bar of soaps can be recycled into a larger bar of soap to reuse

Furnace heats fine,circulates fine, but when put on a/c blower motor goes on and off [ 0 Answers ]

The furnace works fine all winter, no issues only when it is switched aver to a/c does it do this.

Sliver platter [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a sliver platter that is really pretty has a real fancy designs on it and on the back it says "500,000 club 1960" what does that mean and is it a antique

View more questions Search