Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    computabugz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2014, 12:45 PM
    Three way circuit or device that buzzes when close to each other
    I need to build a device with three parts one is a transmitter and the other the receiver and when ever the two are within a certain predetermined range a signal is sent to the third via a buzz. My question is how do I achieve this and what type of circuit would that be called so I can download some schematics on it.
    HowHardCanItBe Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Mar 28, 2014, 06:17 PM
    One thought would be using RFID tag on one device, reader on second device. Second device could also have microprocessor like Arduino with simple program and then transmitter (such as Xbee) to receiver (matched Xbee pair) on third device. There are lots of online Arduino forums and resources that could help.
    tyterhun Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2014, 01:41 PM
    Or use a bright led light that the other sensor can read and register brightness as distance. Would have to sample ambient each time to set baseline for comparison
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2014, 01:54 PM
    Hi computabugz and welcome, if you just need a proximity device why not just buy?Inductive Proximity Sensors Overview
    Or is this a school project?
    HowHardCanItBe Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Apr 5, 2014, 02:09 PM
    I got the impression that this needed to discern two specific objects, not one object and any light (@tyterhun)source, or any metallic (@parttime)object--is this correct?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC fan will not work, it only buzzes [ 4 Answers ]

My thermostat works, furnace fan works, but the AC unit outside only buzzes with no movement from the fan.

How to close a window on the internet when it won't let you close it [ 2 Answers ]

Hey my cpu won't let me close a window on the internet. Can someone please help me?

Furnace buzzes upon startup [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier furnace that is approximately 15 years old. The model is 58GP. It has a Honeywell Continuous Pilot Combination Gas Control valve - VR8200H. This control buzzes upon the furnace kicking on - about 75% of the time. Somtime after the blower starts, the buzzing stops. The...

20 amp device on 15 amp circuit [ 1 Answers ]

I'm new to wiring, don't profess to be an expert, learned how to do it through reading books, and admit I need some help. I'm currently finishing my basement and just finished up adding two 15-amp circuits for lights and receptacles. Part of my longer range goal is to add a sauna. The kits...

Gas line & dryer vent pipe - how close is too close? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm rerouting the gas dryer vent piping so that it will inside the adjoining stud wall. At the top of the wall the vertical exhaust pipe will be within an inch or two of the horizontal running copper gas supply line. Question - is there a minimum distance that the metal dryer exhaust pipe must...

View more questions Search