Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Taylorgymnast Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2014, 12:33 PM
    14 year old level 3 gymnast?
    So I started gymnastics about a year ago and I found out hat I was pretty good at it, so I continued to do it. I want to do gymnastics for my school in winter of 2014 but I'm afraid that I won't be good enough. Gymnastics at my school is no-cut so I'll make the team anyway but I'm scared that I'll be the worse there. I'm currently a level 3, but I already have all the skills for it. My plan is to train for winter (right now) and spring for two days a week about 2 hours each day and for fall my plan is to train 4 days every week for 2 hours each day. I want to progress levels and at least be a level 5 before doing gymnastics for school. I'm very determined and I really want to do it, but I don't want to be the worst there. As you probably know, I started gymnastics quite late and people at my school have probably been doing it at a younger age, it's kind of my fault for starting late.. but I want to achieve my goal.. I plan on training very hard for winter spring and fall before I pursue school gymnastics. I do gymnastics all the time, like I train at home when I don't have practice and I'm willing to put 100% effort. Will I be able to achieve my goal? Please give me tips and methods of improving and any other ideas you have. Thank you :)
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 2, 2014, 01:01 PM
    Taylor, before you get any advice for this, I am going to ask if you found out what was wrong with your back? Did you see a doctor and is it better?
    Taylorgymnast Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2014, 01:10 PM
    Thanks for your concern :) and I haven't talked to my doctor.. my back still hurts a little. It's just in that one spot but it's not affecting my gymnastics. I have been stretching properly and doing conditioning. The pain is still there but I probably pulled something. It'll go away soon. But if it gets worse I will see a doctor :) thanks you :)) @Cat1864

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can I, a teen female gymnast, do for a better body image? [ 4 Answers ]

I am a fifteen year old gymnast. I have had body image and eating issues before and I suppose I am still dealing with them now. (With keeping this brief in my mind... ) At my school there are many girls who are aspiring models and actresses so I am pretty much surrounded by the media's...

Movie about a gymnast [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I'm looking for a long time a movie of 80's or 90's: The story of a gymnast girl who died in an accident in the beam competition. Years later his younger sister discovers a gymnastics center and decided to train but her mother refuses that it makes of beam being afraid that it makes...

What questions should I ask a potential new gym on behalf of a competitive gymnast? [ 0 Answers ]

We've spent the last two years and two different gym, both brand new, what I've found is we've wasted a lot of time going through the new gyms "growing pains." I'm now looking at other gyms which are further away, but have been in business for years. My daughter is a competitive gymnast and...

A gymnast that has scoliosis and has to wear a body brace [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am looking for a book that I read when I was a little bit younger and I am going crazy trying to find it. Please help!! It is about a girl, she is in gymnastics and she is great and she comes to find out she has scoliosis and has to wear a body brace, and she does not know if she will be...

Whatcan an ex-gymnast do? [ 1 Answers ]

I was a competitive gymnast for 3 years which really isn't long in the gymnastics world. I was competiting level 6 and during the competition season my back really started to hurt. I asked my coach about it and he never real gave me a clear answer to what was wrong with me. I was at my last meet...

View more questions Search