Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cconklin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2014, 11:54 AM
    plastic connected to metal
    Can you install a plastic S trap on a sink when you have metal floor drain?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2014, 12:32 PM
    S trap is not code approved. What are you trying to do.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 1, 2014, 12:40 PM
    Hi Cconklin

As Ma0641 said, need more info...what type of sink and how far is the sink from the floor drain?

Mark
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 2, 2014, 06:12 AM
    The sink would drain into the floor drain. Correct? Mark asks how far the sink is from the floor drain. We could be talking indirect waste here and not need a trap at all. Back to you, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use plastic electrical boxes on metal studs [ 1 Answers ]

I am finishing an basement, but the home owner used metal studs, but to save on cost, I want to know if there are plastic boxes that I can use on this application.

Plastic supply line / metal shutoff valve [ 2 Answers ]

Dishwasher water supply line has leak where it enters the metal shutoff valve (at the back side of the metal nut - around the plastic line). Does this nut work with a compression sleeve and may need a twist with a wrench or are these plastic pipe to metal valve joints A permanent creation that I...

Plumbing elbow on plastic and metal pipes [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to use the same plumbing elbow on plastic and metal pipes, or are they specially made for each type? Thanks

Painting outside metal door with plastic muttens [ 1 Answers ]

Both my front and side doors are metal with plastic mutton bars on the outside. Both doors are currently painted white and I want to repaint them white. I am wondering whether I should paint the plastic muttons or just the metal door. If I don't paint the plastic, it may not be the same color...

Plastic vs metal pipes? - replacement [ 4 Answers ]

I am replacing the 1 1/2" OD thin metal piping underneath my kitchen faucet. It is corroded. My choices are to replace it with metal or plastic. Is one better than the other? Are there advantages/disadvantages of one versus the other. My intuition tells me to replace it with plastic...

View more questions Search