Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daisy6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2014, 07:19 AM
    How to file taxes this year with live in boyfriend and his four kids
    My boyfriend and his four children have been living in my home since 2011 I support them all. I just started a small business no employees last year. How do I claim them when filing taxes by april15, 2014. What is the best way to file separately or jointly in the state of Florida in st.johns county
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 1, 2014, 08:30 AM
    Unless Florida has a common law marriage statute, you CANNOT file jointly.

That means you file as SINGLE and claim all five (boyfriend and his four children) as your dependents.

There MAY be other alternatives, but that requires we talk over the phone. You can email me at the email address in my profile.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I file taxes on my SSI if I don't have taxes taken out during the year? [ 2 Answers ]

I draw one disabilty check from my employer which is tax free so nothing to claim there. I also draw SSI which does not have any taxes taken out of it. What is my filing status regarding income tax and how do I deduct my exemptions (house interest, medical expenses, etc)?

Should I file US taxes if I already pay taxes in Italy where I live? [ 1 Answers ]

American expat living in Italy tax question

Live in NJ had one of my 3 jobs in NY the other in NJ how to file taxes [ 2 Answers ]

I live in NJ. For 2009 I worked part of the year in NY, the rest of the year in NJ. Do I file state taxes in NY for just the employment I had in NY?

How to file taxes if work in pa and live in nj [ 2 Answers ]

I work in pa live in nj. My company took out pa state and city tax not nj tax. Do I file nj or pa tax? How do this procedure work for for filing state tax when you work out of state.

Can my boyfriend of 4 years file my kids on taxes [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend has been in me and my kids life for 4 years takeing care of me and my kids I go to school he supports us so can he clame them on his taxes

View more questions Search