Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hargrovebohanno Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2014, 10:58 AM
    Can my daughter get in trouble
    My daughter's Divorce Decree states that her ex-husband gets supervised visitation at Custodial Parent's discretion. He molested her when she was 2. She is 16 now and my daughter allowed her to see him unsupervised. Can my daughter get into trouble for that?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 31, 2014, 03:28 PM
    The only way she could get into trouble is if something were to happen. You can not compare a 16 y/o to a 2 y/o. I hope she has had a talk with her daughter and explained some things so her daughter can be aware of what may be going on. But at 16 she is almost an adult and should be able to handle herself.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 31, 2014, 03:30 PM
    Yes she can if something bad happens during an unsupervised visit.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 31, 2014, 03:41 PM
    You need to consult with a lawyer. She should not have gone against the decree no matter the age because the age was not specified.

BUT who needs supervising, your daughter?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jan 31, 2014, 03:59 PM
    In theory, the daughter could sue the mother, for abuse of discretion, when the daughter reaches the age of majority, if the mother forces the daughter to unsupervised visitation and the daughter is subsequently abused. This would be theoretical, I say; it would be not likely that she would prevail.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 31, 2014, 04:50 PM
    Who's idea was the unsupervised visit? If she forced the daughter to accept an unsupervised visit, then yes she could get in trouble. But if it was by mutual consent, the daughter is old enough to know her mind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I get in trouble for not allowing the father of my daughter visitation? [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is almosth 6 months old. The father is NOT listed on the b.c. He was present her life until she was 2 months old and the visits had stopped. He has gone without contacting me and helping any at all with diapers and the things a baby needs. Recently he has tried contacting me about her....

Having trouble with 13 yr old daughter [ 2 Answers ]

Compared to the things I've seen on TV and online, this may seem like nothing, however it is of great comcern to me. My husband and I have been married 16 years... we're struggling financially presently but never allow our only child to "go without". She's changed quite a bit over the past...

My ex hasn't seen my daughter but has been paying on and off can I get in trouble [ 1 Answers ]

My ex said he wanted to give up his rights... I was told I needed a lawyer haven't gotten to it... yes he has been paying on and off but we received letters for court and now he wants to take care of the issue out of court and saying its my fault that I have been hiding my daughter from him... he...

Trouble with 3 year old daughter [ 4 Answers ]

I am having a very hard time with my 3 year old daughter (will be 4 in june). She will not listen to me at all. When I ask her to not do something she will go and do it just to make me mad. I have tried to time out chair, that isn't working. When she does something she knows is wrong she will...

A non-communicating daughter in trouble [ 6 Answers ]

We have a 20 year old daughter who is attending college and is almost impossible to communicate with. We get the same old "I'm 20 years old". Well she had a friend have been traveling with a cousin of ours and his friends who are known to be bad news and are into pills and some drugs. We can't...

View more questions Search