Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    birdbrained413 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2014, 07:27 PM
    Quite a few skipped periods
    I'm fifteen, I had my last period when I was thirteen. Four or five overall. It's been long enough to warrant confusion. I am around 95-100 pounds and 5' even, have never participated in any sort of sexual activity, don't exercise outside of PE, I'm not stressed, I don't have any health problems I know of outside of poor eyesight, I'm not and haven't been on any medication or drugs. I am ten minutes of internet browsing familiar with the term secondary amenorrhea, and I want a second opinion. It's been over a year, what's goin' on.
    I have told my mother, and as I am not bent double with excruciating pain, or any pain at all, she's not concerned. She did however say that if I felt I needed to we would go to a doctor, but I should know I would be on a medical table with my rear in the air pant less should that happen. I think she is full of it, mainly because unless it's pretty serious that is not done under the age of 21.

Do I need to see a doctor and have the oh so horrific scene above enacted? Or am I a 'sarcastic bag of mood swings and hormones'? Is this even in the right category?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2014, 09:41 PM
    your mother should be ashamed of her self. Yes a doctor ( and there are women doctors) may have to have you put on a examine gown. And yes they may have to have you lay or sit on exam table and look. They may also take blood samples, do a pap smear and maybe even a x-ray or cat scan.

Your mother should be concerned about your health, not trying to give you fear of having female problems checked. Her attitude is disgusting.

Next with that said, stop trying to be a doctor, there are perhaps 100s of possible reasons and people always pick the worst to think about. Most likely a hormone issue. It is not uncommon for girls, esp those that are somewhat underweight, and not very active, to be late getting regular periods. And some girls never get regular ones.

But a doctor exam is never ( never) a bad idea.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 30, 2014, 09:54 PM
    Considering your weight, it is not uncommon for you not to have a period. At your age this is not uncommon.

You won't need to have your rear "up in the air." These exams are for sexually active girls. A blood test to determine hormone levels isn't a bad idea though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skipped periods? [ 1 Answers ]

Please bear with me, this question is a little gross, but I had to ask. Ok, so, I am 13, and got my period 5 months ago. I have skipped 3 periods in a row! I am very worried because I recently started having vaginal discharge I am an athlete, but I never would have said that I exercised...

Skipped periods [ 4 Answers ]

I am unmarried , I have skipped my period for 3 months and now from dec 20 , 2011 I am having my periods till now earlier I was having my period only while using restroom , bt now from 4 days having a very high flow.. Please suggest me something and also I have taken certain medicine bt it is not...

Skipped periods [ 7 Answers ]

I have a question about skipped periods. I am fifteen and have just recently gotten my first period a few months ago. During thes past two months, I have not gotten my period. I am wondering if this is normal for girls my age who have just gotten their period. I am worried that it may be some kind...

View more questions Search