Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WJB Tape Productions Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2005, 09:53 PM
    Using CD-RW discs on a home CD burner unit
    I recently started using CD-RW discs on my home audio CD burner deck. According to the owner's manual, I should be able to finalize discs, then unfinalize them, erase them, re-record and finalize them, and so on and so on, doing so over and over literally hundreds of times with a single disc.

However, I am finding that I can unfinalize a disc only once, and when I re-record and finalize it a second time, the burner goes through the unfinalize process, but then won't recognize the disc as either finalized or unfinalized.

It is a Philips CDR775 ome burner deck, and the CD-RW discs I'm using are Memorex 80 minute digital audio re-writable discs.

Contacting Philips was a waste of time... waited on "hold" for 35 minutes only to have some gal read back to me the very same owner's manual I had in front of me.

Likewise with contact Memorex... all they could say was "it should work on your unit".

Has anyone else had this problem with CD-RW discs of ome burners?

Thanks!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2005, 05:48 AM
    Unless I'm making a music CD I use Windows XP native burning software to burn data to a CDRW. When I need to use the CDRW again I simply "Erase this disk" and use it again.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2005, 07:14 AM
    Cd-rw
    Hi,
    I am sorry, but don't have a specific answer for you. My best guess is that it is a problem with your burning software; not your burner drive, and not your choice of CD-RW brands.
    I use Nero Express 5.5, and have no problem with erasing CD-RW's.
    I have found, however, that if you are making backups, the CD-R's are the best; cause they can't be accidentally erased, losing your files.

Best of luck,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CD/DVD Discs for backups question [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm a novice. Could someone please explain to me the difference between CD+RW and CD-RW. In particular what the + and - signs mean. I want to buy some backup discs for my computer and I'm not sure which is best. I have a LG DVD/CD multi recorder DVD/CD rewritable drive. It's an LG...

Charging Home Unit [ 2 Answers ]

On the gages which I have, are three scales... One in Black PSI), one in Green for R-22, and one in red for R-12 refrigerant. It was suggested that I add refrigerant till the suction side (LP) is about 55-60 PSI and the Head pressure is 150-175 psi. I did this and the unit is 'cooling' however is...

Help with home a/c unit [ 5 Answers ]

I am wondering if any one can help me? Our a/c system dose not cool like it should.I work on automobile a/c systems so I know a little about how a/c systems work. I am pretty sure the two systems are basically the same.Right or wrong? We just moved into the house about eight months ago and I just...

Cd burner [ 3 Answers ]

all right I don't know if this is the right section but I just got a cd burner from a friend and I need to hook it up to my computer. Somehow?? Its just the little box where the cd goes.its a BURN- proof 16x10x40x. On the back it has all these little prongy thingys that say: digital audio,analog...

View more questions Search