Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajaybalanm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2014, 12:34 PM
    Tax Return Idea F1 Visa
    I am student on F1 visa. I worked with Bosch for my Summer internship. I received my W2 form. My pay was $19 .63 per hour. My W2 has the following information:
    • Federal income tax withheld: $1351.67
    • State Income Tax: $615.02
    • State Wages tips etc: 10207

Kindly help me in understanding this document. What is the procedure that I file for tax returns and what is the refund amount that I can expect ? Let me know if you need further information.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 29, 2014, 01:47 PM
    You will need to file Forms 1040NR-EZ and 8843 for the FEDERAL return and the state tax return for whichever state where you WORKED in the summer.

You will get at least $1,488 frm the IRS if this was your only income. To be more precise, I need to know your home country.

For the state refund, I need to know the state.

If you want my professional help filing these returns, please email me at the email address in my profile.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

J1 visa and tax return [ 1 Answers ]

I am Irish and full time student in Ireland. I was in the US on a J1 visa last Summer (from the end of May to August 2010). I earned wages of $2000, paid $245.51 in federal income tax, paid $61.54 in State income tax, paid $630 on a visa and paid $840 on flights. Stupidly, I filed a 1040 EZ form...

B1 visa in 2009 and L1 visa in 2010 - tax return and refund? [ 1 Answers ]

I came in US first time on B1 visa (duration 05/17/2009 to 08/08/2009) Now I am in US since 07/18/2010. Does it conclude that I am a resident alien for 2010 tax filing? I have spouse, and a kid (2 years) as dependent. What will be my tax return?

E3 Visa Tax return? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I was working in the US on a j1 before changing to an E3 in June 2010. I officially started my E3 on June 16th... I'm having trouble working out my taxes, and was hoping someone might help? Do I just file a regular tax return, or is there something else I need to do? Any help would be super!

Tax return for L1 B visa [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I came to US on March 1st 2008. And working since then to till date for the same employer in US. I got married on dec 08. My wife is in India she has never been to US ever. She is also working in IT in india. She has a H1 B visa stamped already. My question is can I file a tax...

Tax return for L1 and L2 visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am on L1 visa and my spouse is on L2 visa. We have been in the US since September 2007 and do not fulfill the substantial presence test. My spouse did not have any US earnings in 2007. My question is which tax return form will be most beneficial? Should I file a joint return with my spouse...

View more questions Search