Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fighting Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 29, 2014, 10:00 AM
    How can I prevent myself and my team from being killed by Phosphine (PH3) ?
    Hi I' am a high school student, I'm a minor. Now our school asking my team to carry on the investigative study. We decided to know the usage of Phosphine (PH3) in wheat warehouses.

We know that aluminium phosphide can be Produced by Phosphorus and aluminum combustion .And Phosphine (PH3)can be made by the water and the reaction of aluminium phosphide . But on the other hand ,we don't know how to deal with the Phosphine gas, because we don't have good sealing professional equipments.But exactly,it is poisonous

Expect for answers! Thank you for paying attention to this.

We are looking forward to your more advice!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 29, 2014, 10:12 AM
    While we are willing to help you, site rules prevent us from doing your homework FOR you.

If you provide is with what you think is right, we will gladly steer you in the right direction.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 29, 2014, 11:01 AM
    Unless proper equipment is available, it should not be done. Also since it involves a deadly substance, the teacher has to be involved before the project, since an accident or leakage is dangerous.
    neodarwinian Posts: 74, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2014, 01:49 PM
    Phosphine gas is highly toxic and flammable. Untreated phosphine gas is also orderless.

Do not synthesize this gas!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2014, 01:56 PM
    I think this is homework, not an actual exposure.
    neodarwinian Posts: 74, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2014, 03:15 PM
    Regardless, the warning stands.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What was the movie: Kid on baseball team: Killed best friends' mom with a foul ball [ 2 Answers ]

The kid was a geeky scrawny thing; blonde haired with glasses. The one time that he hit the ball, he fouled it off and hit his best friends' mother in the head and she died. He exclaimed in a teary and "small kid" voice: "I'm sorry, I'm sorry". The rest of the story was about the life of the...

If the probablity of a team winning any games 2/3, find the probablity that the team [ 1 Answers ]

If the probablity of a team winning any games is 2 out of 3, What is the probablity that the team would win exactly four games in a five game series

View more questions Search