Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jnvlv247 Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2014, 11:11 PM
    Anal Wart Treatments
    So I a bad case of anal warts where I needed surgery. I got the surgery Dec 6, 2013 and then followed up with the Colon Anorectal surgeon and we needed to do an office treatment where he looked inside with a scope and then treated inside and outside warts with bichloracetic acid. I did that every week until about a week and a half ago when he said "OK see you in 2 weeks." I guess he figured it was doing well and I needed time off. I said, no, let's do a week and 1/2/

So the week and a half goes by and I feel like they have grown so fast. It hurts to poo but it goes away and it's nothing like the pain the warts were causing before surgery. I am just frustrated :(

Is there anything I can do outside of these treatments to help? I eat well and exercise. I don't have stress in my job or life really besides this of course :P
    I heard of apple cider vinegar but would that be a bad idea with the Dr using the acid on them every week? I mean I would use the apple cider on outside things I could see and get maybe 4 days after his treatment. Some warts I have I think may need multiple hits of acid anyway. OR should I just keep on with the weekly visits?

Thanks guys
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 29, 2014, 02:58 AM
    Don't do any home remedies. Keep up with the regular visits.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 29, 2014, 04:09 AM
    I got a plantar (bottom of foot) wart once 20 years ago and then again recently. I noticed that the big band aids for plantar warts contained nothing but salicylic acid, which is aspirin, so I crushed an aspirin in warm vinegar and soaked my foot in it for an hour each of 3 days, and it worked.
    I see no harm in soaking your bottom in a big bowl or pail of the same. BUT I don't think it's going to be enough, and when warts go up your rectum, you really need to keep seeing your doctor.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 29, 2014, 11:18 AM
    I see no harm in soaking either. Joy, but what would be the point. A butt that looks,like a prune. Is,that an oxymoron?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 29, 2014, 11:36 AM
    The problem I see is soaking the warts in aspirin and vinegar is that the rectum is a mucous membrane. It is very permeable to anything it comes in contact with. Aspirin swallowed takes a while to dissolve in the intestinal tract lessening the risk of bleeding. Soaking the rectum in this solution could very well increase, to highly increase, a risk of bleeding.

I would avoid that scenario.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anal bleeding after anal sex [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend wanted to try anal sex. I was very nervous but agreed. It happened about a week ago and I been spotting blood since. It is pink color.If I tap my butt with a napkin I can notice the blood spot. What should I do. I am so embarrassed to go to the hospital

Planters wart [ 1 Answers ]

I've had a planters wart in my right foot before and I think it's coming back. It's in almost the same place but it's causing tingling in my second and third toe. Is it the same thing or could it be something else?"

Wart remover [ 1 Answers ]

I have a couple of warts on my finger and I used wartner wart remover to freeze them off. My finger is a little swollen and sore just where the wart is. How long does this last for? I just froze the warts this afternoon

Anal discharge, burning raw skin and an itchy anal means what do I need to go to the. [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has anal discharge, it is always wet, burning raw skin around his anal and it itches, nothing is helping what is it and should he go to the hospital?

Anal discharge, burning raw skin and an itchy anal means what do I need to go to the. [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has anal discharge, it is always wet, burning raw skin and it itches beyond control what is it and should he go to the hospital?

View more questions Search