Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chaquitaedmond Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2007, 10:19 PM
    NO to Surgery!
    I am a black female with horrible stretch marks on my hips. I am very young so I love the low rise jeans, but I can not wear them because of my problem areas. I went to a dermatologist and he suggested plastic surgery, I have seen creams that reduce the appearance of strech marks, but I would like to know if they work on darker skin types. Any advice?
    NorthernGurl Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Apr 1, 2007, 10:22 PM
    Surgery is a BIG step... try cocoa butter cream, tanning and chances are they will fade with time
    Good luck!
    Confuzzledmonkey Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2007, 11:22 PM
    I would suggest trying one of the many possible solutions, I have heard that stretch marks need too be quite new for these too work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fusion surgery [ 3 Answers ]

Hi,I suffer from degenerative disc disease and am contemplating fusion surgery (L3-4,L4-5)and would like to hear anyone's success/failure stories.Thx.

Stress and Surgery [ 1 Answers ]

I am going in for a hysterectomy in two weeks, and my boss has been evil to me since I told him I would be missing 2 1/2 weeks for the surgery and to recover. He is abusive and demeaning everyday, but he always waits until right before I go home, so I am upset when I leave. I fully believe he is...

Plastic surgery [ 2 Answers ]

I have been doing a lot of research on plastic sergery in Brazil. The dr. I have been talking to seems really great but I don't know him and Brazil is a long ways from the U.S.A. I have seen his before and after pictures and they look amazing and I have done a lot of work in losing 140 lbs and I...

Surgery on my doxie [ 2 Answers ]

It's me again, I took my dog (1-1/2 year old mini doxie) to the vet because of vomiting, dehydration, not eating or drinking. That was 2-1/2 weeks ago and I'm still dealing with issues. She's eating and drinking without vomiting. She's very lathargic and she's very nasil. When she breathes it...

View more questions Search