Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    weekend_warrior Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2014, 02:42 PM
    Transferring money from US to Canada
    How much money can I transfer from the United States to a family member in Canada? I was trying to look to see if there is a limit but I would like to transfer a large amount up north while the exchange rate is good.

Are there any forms I would have to fill out?

Thanks in advance!

WW
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 28, 2014, 04:08 PM
    There is no limit that I am aware of, but transfers of $100,000 or more in any single year must be reported using Form 3520.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transferring money to the US [ 3 Answers ]

My parents owned a house in Korea before they immigrated to the US. My mom, who is currently a US permanent resident, is planning to sell the house in Korea and transfer the money to the US. She is planning to transfer the money to her own US account. The amount will be around $70,000-80,000. ...

Transferring money from overseas [ 3 Answers ]

What are the tax implications (if any) if I, a US citizen receive a lump sum of cash as a gift from an overseas relative?

Transferring money [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I am a non resident alien in US and want to lend some 25k USD to my relative in Dubai;which he will return me after 6months(without interest). My question is do I need to declare this when I will be filing taxes? Also do I need to pay some tax to IRS for this transaction and return? Please...

Transferring Money from US to UK [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My sister is in some urgent need in the UK and I want to transfer money from US to her. Are there any legal implications? Is there a limit on money that I can transfer to her? All transfer would be through SWIFT Thanks for your help.

View more questions Search