Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abu amir ibn ab Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2014, 12:27 PM
    Is the term Jew a religion or people?
    Asaalamu alaykum

My question is the quran says that prophet Ibrahim was not a Jew yet sheik ahmed deedaat said in his lectures that most prophets were Jew. What I don't understand is that is the term JEW a religion or people?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2014, 12:44 PM
    They are both...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 28, 2014, 01:27 PM
    Judaism is a religion, Jews are a people. According to Jewish law anyone who's mother was Jewish is a Jew. Whether they practice Judaism as a religion or not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why some people understand and believe and some do not believe religion? [ 52 Answers ]

Why religion is so natural to some people, truly believe it and it is non sense to some others. You could see this through all societies in the past and present and among all religions, among all educated and uneducated people, among those who grow up on religious environment and those who grow up...

Why do people PUSH Religion on others? [ 45 Answers ]

I am a spiritual person. I do not understand for one minute why people, and that's to say A LOT of people literally try and push their religion and/or their beliefs on others. Giving somebody the proper tools to learn on their own is one thing, preaching is quite another. Many religions,...

Religion, Governments, and control over the people [ 96 Answers ]

If there is one bad common thing that history has shown, it has to be the co-operation between - and supplementing of - religion and government, a joint operation to keep "the people" quiet and obedient to those in power. Even in the nation that was based on a strict separation between state and...

Can two people completely different have a long term relationship. [ 1 Answers ]

Do you think that two people can have a good long term relationship when say one is intrested in all good stuff like angels god loving people and the other comes from a life full of violence.. intrested in guns crime and hates most people.. we have totally different up bringings and he comes from...

View more questions Search