Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BARBSTEW Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2014, 07:07 AM
    Taxes on 401k if a uk citizen and retired
    Are you liable to pay taxes if you no longer hold a resident alien card but receiving a social security pension plus a private pension which combined is still under the tax allowance. Thank you
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 28, 2014, 04:10 PM
    If BOTH the Social Security and private pension distribution (reported on Form 1099-R) is still under the threshold for taxable income, then you have no legal requirement to file a U.S. tax return, which, for a U.K. citizen, would be Form 1040NR.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taxes for EU citizen married to dual US/EU citizen earning income both in US and EU [ 3 Answers ]

I am not a US citizen who lived and worked in the USA from 2000 - 2008 (worked 2003 - 2008 with H1B visa). My wife is an American and EU citizen and we got married in 2010. We both work, get paid and pay taxes in Europe. We jointly own real estate in the US which we rent and we are interested to...

Does Retired US citizen staying in India less than 180 days have to pay Indian Income [ 1 Answers ]

I am retired usa citizen. I came to india every year for last ten years. But my total aggregate stay had never been more that 180 days a year. I have some nre and nro accounts and some year fixed deposits earning interests. Banks deduct tds from that. I pay income tax in usa for these interest...

Penalties for cashing 401k after 55 and retired [ 1 Answers ]

What are the penalties for cashing 401k between 55 and 60, if leaving the company?

Retired- Do I need to file NJ State Taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I am retired and have been for quite some time. I do not have a job and have no W-2 form so do I have to file NJ state taxes?

View more questions Search