Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whiteox83 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2014, 04:01 AM
    VL commodore trubleshooting
    I have a vl cmmodore [rb30]motor in a mazda e2000 it was going good but overheating so I put a new head gasket and timming kit on it but ow it runs likea bag of it misses has no power whenI rev it up high flams from exorst I have replaced main computer, gearbox computer, coil distributer & leads, TPS & I have taken the cat onverter off an still not fixed can you think of any thing that I can try.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2014, 09:07 AM
    When you replaced the head gasket, did you have the head machined and the valves examined? Overheating can warp the aluminum head and damage the valves. Simply installing a new head gasket is not enough. Removing the catalytic converter introduces a host of new problems--I would reinstall it right away. What codes were thrown?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Location of the MAP sensor in a holden commodore VT V6 [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know where the MAP sensor is in the holden VT commodores (V6)

Commodore vl 1987: there's spark and fuel and it turns over but won't start! [ 2 Answers ]

Hey people, :) I'm not sure if anyone will be able to help me but here goes... Okay I have a holden commodore Vl exectutive 1987, problem is it won't start. Okay, its turning over (Cranking) it has spark to the spark plugs and flue to the engine.. we've check fuses and cleaned the spark plugs....

View more questions Search