Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scubaptchick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2014, 12:53 PM
    GE Profile DW leaving residue
    I have a high end GE Profile DW that came with my house, approx. 3 years old. Seems to not have a self-cleaning filter. We have it set to our water hardness level, as tested per manual instructions, and we have a new water softener. We have tried enzymatic and bleach liquid detergents (and we flushed between switching types) because it has an auto dispenser which is really convenient. But we are getting white residue on top 1-2 inch of glasses and even the bottom of clear bowls loaded upside down on bottom rack. It also will not clean well if we use a glass that had chocolate milk/ice cream or tomato juice in it, among other things. We have tried pre-washing by hand and not pre-washing. Any ideas?
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2014, 08:13 PM
    Could it be your hot water heater, perhaps the water does not work well with the type of anode rod. Check around your area and find out which type of rod works best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

State select water heater leaving residue in water [ 2 Answers ]

We have a state select water heater, model pr650novet. We have flushed it several times but we still have black residue ending up in all our tubs. Does anyone know what else we could do?

Commercial dishwasher leaving white residue on glasses and silverware. [ 1 Answers ]

Our commercial dishwasher is leaving really bad white residue on our glasses and silverware. According to the technician, our chemicals (detergent, sanitizer and rinse) is the problem. We have been using the current chemicals for the past 4 months... Now all of a sudden the residue shows up......

Residue removal [ 2 Answers ]

Remove tape from painted concrete

Onion residue? [ 3 Answers ]

I know that onion is bad for dogs. But what about things that are just flavored with them? For example, I recently made some chicken broth (cook chicken, carrots, celery, onion, and herbs/spices together for a long time, and then strain the liquid), which I have divided up and frozen in serving...

View more questions Search