Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Too Short Posts: 85, Reputation: -1

Apr 1, 2007, 08:24 PM
    Take home pay
    Tom Hank is a waiter at the Days Inn. In his first weekly pay in March he earned 120.00 for the 40 hours he worked. In addition he reported his tips fpr Februaury to his employer (450.00) and the employer withholds the appropriate taxes for the tips from this first pay in March. Calculate his net take home pay assuming the employer withheld the federal income tax (wage-bracket, married 2 sallowances), social security taxes. And state income tax 2%.

Wage bracket show 17.00 for 450.00 and nothing for 120.00.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 1, 2007, 09:26 PM
    Wrong answer, sorry
    Too Short Posts: 85, Reputation: -1

Apr 2, 2007, 10:02 PM
    The answer suppose to be 33.99

This is what I did
    120*6.2%=7.44
    120*1.45%=1.74
    120*2%=2.40
    120*2%=2.40
    there is no federal withhold

450*6.2%=27.90
    450*1.45%=6.53
    450*2%=9.00
    450*2%=9.00
    17.00 withheld from federal income tax

when I add all the withheld from the 450.00 I get 83.41

I have did this promblem so many times but I don't seem to be getten the 33.99.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2007, 11:01 PM
    I just don't know, I am missing something, I have ran this a dozen ways
    And I even do the payroll for our small business, and I don't have the slightest ID.

Try re-asking the question perhaps on the accounting or finace section,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

At home data entry jobs or home based business [ 0 Answers ]

Come April 8,2007 I will be laid off from my job and wanted to know if any of these free data entry jobs are legitimate or home bases business are worth doing. If so, where can I find them? Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

New home addition -home equity loan or remortgage [ 1 Answers ]

I am 54yrs old and have only 3 yrs left on mortgage.. I want to put on a new addition to house and looks like I will have to borrow $80,000.. Do I want to do home equity or remortgage? I would like to retire in 11 yrs or less

Schedule C home depreciation and effect on eventual sale of home in the future [ 1 Answers ]

I am debating if I should take depreciation on my personal home onto my federal schedule C. Let me explain, My gut feeling tells me that when I eventually sell my personal home I will be forced to add back all the depreciation I have taken on my schedule C for all those past years as income for...

Selling home/buying home simultaneously [ 8 Answers ]

Real estate agent and the mtg broker she works with want me to refinance loan with them, take equity out of it and buy a townhouse, move into townhouse while maintaining my mtg with my present home while trying to sell it. I called Wamu (my original lender) and questioned him about this and he...

Should I pay off my home? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, My name is Jose, I'm 29 years of age. I'm a father of three young children. 4 years ago I fell from a roof at my job, I'm now disabled for life :( .I plan to settle my State Compensation case in 1 month, I will be receiving a lump sum of $180,000.I currently owe $126,855 with 6.875%...

View more questions Search