Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Startup_it Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2014, 11:23 PM
    Company paid international vendor through US-based person should he receive 1099?
    Me and my friends have a small startup that received 20K seed capital from business incubator. We used international vendor for software development. But we didn't pay the vendor directly. One of our team members paid them out of his pocket (wire transfer) and then we had to compensate him through check. Do we now have to issue 1099 for this team member? Technically, he didn't make any profit out of it as he transferred 100% of what we compensated him for. Amounts were ~$2500 and ~$3800 (through other team member).
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 26, 2014, 12:06 PM
    That is a repayment of a loan that does NOT have to be reported on Form 1099.

Just make sure the payment is properly documented on the company books as a loan repayment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1099 based salary paid / maternity [ 5 Answers ]

I am as a 1099, on a based salary of 1600 a month. I get almost 2 weeks off paid vacation every year. Been working with same company for almost 4years. How should I handle my maternity leave and Im I entitle to get some paid time off? Since we pretty much do everything as a w2 but my boss left me...

Can a person receive a w2 and 1099 from same co? [ 2 Answers ]

Just a quick question.

How would income tax be reported and paid for a new international trading company? [ 0 Answers ]

I'm starting an importing company which will be bringing goods into the US from SE Asia. I have a Corporation registered in the Delaware and will be shipping into California and NY/NJ. The duty for my product is exempt, but I will be liable for the VAT. Once my products are in the US, I will be...

Why did I receive a 1099-misc for relocation expenses? (Not paid by employer) [ 5 Answers ]

We recently were forced to move our of our apartment building so it could be renovated. All tenants were required to move by a specific date. Under local regulations, the landlord or rental company was required to pay each unit (not individuals but one amount per apartment) a "relocation payment"...

Can a person on h4 get paid any referral fees on 1099? [ 1 Answers ]

Can a person on h4 get paid any referral fees on 1099?

View more questions Search