Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oollaavvuurr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2014, 11:16 AM
    Honda civic ep2 2003 starts perfectly, ticks and idles bad hot
    My car starts perfectly but there is a constant ticking when idling, and it gets worse when giving it gas. Once the engine get warm it idles very bad and stalls, but starts perfect again but stalls after a short time. What could be wrong with my car?
    I just adjusted my header gasket took a look at my valves, which looked good, and I also adjusted my valves, exhaust valves at 0,25mm(0,010') and intake valves 0,20mm(0,008')
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 25, 2014, 11:25 AM
    Was it happening before you did these adjustments?

How is the oil pressure?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2014, 11:34 AM
    Adjusting valves is a "fine tuning" procedure. What caused you to do it on such a new Civic? I've seen Civics with 130,000 miles on them that didn't need to have the valves adjusted. I would check the adjustments again, when the engine is "stone cold." Just remember, it's better to hear them than smell them. Be sure not to adjust the exhaust valves too tight; otherwise, they can burn or crack.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

93 honda accord starts idles stalls restart idle hit throttle dies instant help [ 7 Answers ]

93 honda accord starts hard then idles normal for 10 seconds then studers and dies try to start again if it will idle try to hit throttle and it will die that way also. Have replaced fuel pump, fuel filter, distributer, coil, had timing done right on replaced idle air controle valve. Checked egr...

92 Civic LX shuts off then won't start for 2 minutes then starts and idles high w/ CEL [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 1992 manual D15b7 130K mileage civic that ran perfect for the 4 years I've owned it. The other night while on my way home it shuts off, I tried to start it but it will crank and not turn over... then after about 2 minutes of trying/waiting it started but idled at 1400 rpm with a CEL. ...

1989 Honda Civic idles up and down [ 6 Answers ]

I have 1989 Honda Civic LX sedan w/1.5L. When the car is warmed up, the engine will idle at about 2000 rpm for 30-45 seconds and then bounce up and down between 1000 and 1500 rpm. Very annoying. I have already removed and cleaned the iacv, no help... can anybody suggest what to try next? TPS sensor...

91 honda civic.idles up and down [ 5 Answers ]

A prolem with this honda is after warming up the idle goes up and down while at a stop.

93 honda civic starts but idles rough and has no power [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 93 honda civic that was running fine and then all at once started acting like it was hitting on 3 cylinders... I check the wires and plugs all where getting fire... I replaced the distrubator cap and button and fuel filter and still gettting the same thing... the car will start and idle...

View more questions Search