Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mzzsashavashti Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2007, 07:14 PM
    I'm Addicted to Eating!
    I have been on a Gilad workout system for about 8 weeks now and I'm starting to see some toning but my fat hasn't gone anywhere. Besides the point I'm addicted to eating... it seems all I ever want to do when I get bored is eat, and eat until I feel sick. This happens about twice a week (other half of the week I'm on a normal poportioned sized meal diet). I feel like I take two steps forward and three back How do I stop eating so much?
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 1, 2007, 07:26 PM
    Usually when I work out I am allot more hungry. It makes it hared to lose weight, just keep upping the anti progress to more and harder stuff and eventually you will see more and more results. I have lost almost 25 pounds in the last year, and have not really modified my eating at all.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2007, 04:50 AM
    Eating when your bored is something you can work on, distract yourself, take a walk, pick up your room, read a newspaper, do something that will take your mind off the immediate thought that you want to eat. Drink lots of water especially before the meals you do eat, water does fill you up. Work out "before you eat". The workout is normally going to make you hungry just rearrange when you work out in respect to your eating times. If your not getting the results you want, Try adding more exercise to your program or change the order that you work out. You need to work the whole body with different exercises for awhile. If you can't pass up the urge to eat something, grab a 6 oz. nonfat yogurt and add some fruit, or a carb and protein snack.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2007, 04:54 AM
    Any workout program will not give the results you want until you find out why you feel addicted to eating. You may want to talk to a professional about why you are drawn to eating outside of mealtimes. I've heard that this eating behaviour serves as a replacement for something that is missing in your life or it can be a coping mechanism to stress.
    JohnnyRocketts Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Drink a lot more water. Gorge yourself with water so there is no more room for food. Many times the feeling of hunger is really a sign of dehydration.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Addicted [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 5 years and father of my two sons. Is addicted to crystal meth. I love him more then I can say. Ive tried everything I can think of to get him to stop and he hasn't. I wonna help him I just don't what else to do. Got any ideas ? Help please!!

Am I addicted? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I'm 20 years old and currently at university... but my friends keep telling me that I drink too much.. even for a student? I go out 6 days of the week for the past month or so and I do admit I drink till I'm past drunk and spend all my money... including my rent money on alcohol. I...

I'm so addicted to going out. [ 3 Answers ]

And I really don't know how to stop, I seriously go out EVERY NIGHT! For example, this is my schedule Sunday, have lunch with someone, ANYONE, somewhere, then at night I pretty up and go to the club Monday, if I'm not working, I go shopping then later at night, meet up with friends for drinks or...

My Friend is Addicted.. Needs Help [ 9 Answers ]

My friend is addicted to gasoline huffing.. he often haluctinates and does inhales from gas can almost eveyday. He has admitted he needs help but does not want to ask his parents. Is there anyway to help him get over this without asking from adult?

Addicted [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I am so addicted to women, I mean like naked and bikini girls and stuff but I feel if I show it to people I know and stuff it will embarrass me (sorry about the spelling) What do I do?

View more questions Search