Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toddcandi Posts: 38, Reputation: 0

Jan 23, 2014, 01:18 PM
    Teeth Whitening - w/fake teeth
    Hello,
    I haven't been to a dentist recently to ask them, so I am asking you.
    My front teeth are fake, the roots are mine but the majority of each tooth is fake.
    My wicked aunt told me that I could never have a pretty white smile because of my fake teeth.
    I would like your opinion. I want to try an at-home treatment, but I am afraid that all my natural teeth will whiten and my front teeth will stay the same, and I'll look goofy.
    What do you think?
    Thanks!
    p.s. is anyone else having issues typing on askmehelpdesk?
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Jan 23, 2014, 01:37 PM
    My son has a temporary bridge for two of his teeth (he was born without permanent incisors on either side of his front teeth) while we wait for him to stop growing so we can do implants. The dentist that put the bridge in matched the color of the teeth with the natural color of his other teeth - not white, but a natural tooth color. I was told to not attempt to whiten his teeth because the material of the bridge teeth would not react the same way to whitener as his regular teeth. Basically, the fake teeth are the color they are going to be. Are yours implants or something?
    toddcandi Posts: 38, Reputation: 0

Jan 23, 2014, 01:54 PM
    aliseaodo-
    I am sorry, I do not know what they are, implants or otherwise, I was young when I got them and paid no attention to what they were. But it sounds similar, the dentist matched them to my tooth color. If I had to guess, I would say they aren't implants, because I had the root and a tiny bit of tooth left the dentist just added to it. You can actually see the line where my tooth ends and the fake begins if you look closely.
    That's what I was afraid of. Thank you for answering.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 23, 2014, 02:23 PM
    Tooth whitener will have no effect on artificial teeth but your dentist can whiten them for you. Tooth whitener only reacts on natural teeth.

You said this was done some time ago. The colour of our natural teeth changes as we get older.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2014, 04:40 AM
    Tooth whitner only does real teeth. Any fake or false teeth will have to be professionally changed. ( assuming they can be without being replaced)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Options on fake teeth? [ 1 Answers ]

I saw an ad for secure smiles its promising a beautiful smile without seeing a dentist does anybody know anything about them?

Fake teeth options.. [ 2 Answers ]

Today my front tooth has chipped, probably due to the poor care I've given my teeth. I'm afraid it's most likely going to continue to get worse and not just that, but that my other teeth will eventually do the same thing as well. Also, my front 2 bottom teeth were knocked out years ago and the...

Fake teeth [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have problems with my gums and teeth.all my top teeth are fake and when I close them toghter they go behind the bottom teeth I got them done about 5 months ago and can't get used to them at all I always finnd it hard to talk cause they get in the way of my tongue and when I got them put in it...

View more questions Search