Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DuckiePuckie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2014, 06:31 AM
    I think I have depression but how to deal with it
    I have been bullied since grade 4 I've lost all my confidence and I am 14 now, I have tried to gain confidence, these past few months (6-5) I have dealt with break of friendship, people who I could say I could trust I trusted and was broken into pieces, I've seen a counsellor but I lied I said everything was fine I just can't talk to anyone not even my parents, I am easily upset, I've noticed that I've been depressed for a while now, I've stopped enjoying stuff that I enjoy, I'm eating less (not lost any wieght or gained) when I feel pain (not self harm) I don't really do much its hard to explain , I've been used a lot in my life, I'm never positive I'm always talking about negativity.not happy at home or school, can't stop thinking about my past (friendships) , I'm always nervous, always moving my hands and etc, I really can't talk to anyone about my issues but I know if I don't tell one day ill end up regreting it, I don't feel comfortable talking tomy friends because got like none that I can trust, nothing can really change my mind :/ whenever I try and be brave to post this or talk to someone I just close it or say don't worry. I don't know what to do anymore

Sorry for the errors can't sleep.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 23, 2014, 06:51 AM
    A place to start is to show this thread to your parents.

Sometimes when we can't find words to verbalize our needs and concerns, writing them down helps. Then when you have problems talking to your parents or to the counselor you can give them the 'list' to read. After they have read it, they can ask you questions based on what you wrote instead of generic questions.

Asking for help is a huge first step. Many people much older than you balk at taking it, but you did. Let that thought prop up your confidence enough to show this to your parents.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 23, 2014, 06:58 AM
    You recover, you get treatment and you solve problems in your life. You do not do this on your own.

You stop lying to a counselor whose job it is to help you.

You start being honest with your parents, whose job it is to help you.

I agree, showing this thread to parents, but also to counselor, who is also trained to help.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 23, 2014, 07:46 AM
    I have to agree with the others. Stop lying to your counselors, and find a way to talk to your parents. Why do you lie? Why can you not talk to your parents? What's going on?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I deal with this depression alone? [ 7 Answers ]

My name is Jackie I'm about 19 and have been expecting for sometime that I suffer from severe depression. I'm not one of those girls who likes attention it terrifies me actually and my parents and boyfriend are starting to be able to tell that something deeper is wrong. I honestly would rather be...

How to deal with stress and depression at work? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone! Some of you know that I am working as a temp and that I bounce from office to office everyone 6-9 months. Some of the offices I have been sent to, I liked. But the one I am at now... don't like so much. My duties at this job are to "play" as a receptionist. Now my role as a temp...

Has any one had to deal with depression [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently dealing with depression and panic attackis. I'm in a partical hospital and it came to me getting dichared any one have anying coping skills ?

Has any one had to deal with depression [ 3 Answers ]

I'm currently dealing with it and I just wondering what everone else dose to cope ?

Has any one had to deal with depression [ 2 Answers ]

Any one dealing how coping skills ?

View more questions Search