Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joanje Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2014, 08:19 PM
    1099 Misc out of state income
    I have received a 1099 Misc from a lease agent in Oklahoma for a 3 year oil/gas lease agreement.  I live in Texas and the leased land and lease agent is in Oklahoma.  I know this has to be included on my federal tax return.  Will I have to file a state tax return for Oklahoma.  We don't have state income tax in Texas.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 22, 2014, 09:54 PM
    You will have to pay Oklahoma income tax because the land, being in Oklahoma, is considered Oklahoma-sourced income.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Report 1099 Misc Income [ 8 Answers ]

I won a Small Claims case against a Corporation in 2012. I am in the middle of preparing my taxes and realize the Corporation sent me a 1099 listing the Small Claims award as "Misc Income/Other Income" to me. I am obviously surprised that this is taxable to me. Is this correct?

Rental Income - Got 1099-Misc but reported it w/out the 1099 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I did my taxes through turbo tax and when it came to the part about rental income it asked me if I receievd any income that was NOT reported on a 1099-Misc. I said yes and put the amount in. The problem is that I forgot that I did actually get a 1099-Misc form on the income. Do I need to file...

1099 Misc Income [ 1 Answers ]

Is there another way to report 1099 Misc income other than a Schedule C?

1099 MISC income [ 1 Answers ]

We have an employee who is exercise instructor who also did some painting in our facility for a flat fee. Is the painting income reportable on Form 1099 and if so which box?

View more questions Search